Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM
chillmiller
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
header help

ok so for 2 days now i have been trying to put headers in the 150 and im snagged all the bolts came off easy didn't break a single one, im haveing trouble getting them to line up, and gettin angrier by the second ( getting gas in my eyes and ears didnt help -.-) (p.s cant hear out of my left ear now should i be concerned? ) but i dont know there hooker long tube headers for 5.0 f-150 N vin code anyone ever do these?

oh ya btw i cant get the holes to lone up to start the bolt

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
mikehawk
Senior User
I put flowtech headers on my truck, so I have no idea if there are any fitment issues with hooker on this specific application. I wouldn't think so, because I've put hookers on other cars and never had any problems.

An easy way to check to make sure you have the rights parts is to first lay the exhaust gasket up against the head and look to make sure all the bolt holes line up, then take the gasket and lay it on the header flange. If all the bolt holes line up in both tests then it's just an operator error. If all the bolt hole line up, and you KNOW the parts will fit, just call a friend and ask him/her to hold the header while you start the first couple of bolts. After that it's a piece of cake.

BTW, how did you get gas in your eyes and ears while installing headers???

Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
chillmiller
Senior User
I had to take off the fuel filter to get the header in. And that's how

Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
chillmiller
Senior User
well i got the pass side on found out that there 5.8 headers and what that means is basicly the front bolts dont go in for some goofy reason >.> (should i be concerned? i mean if i can get one it then id feel good ) a small exhaust leak really wouldn't bother me to much ( i live in florida so.... i dont have to do emittions checks)

that drivers side is still being a SOB but ill get it then i get to cut and weld for another 3 hours

Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 AM
mikehawk
Senior User
Where in FL?

When I put my headers on I ordered a set of ARP header bolts. They have a small hex head head that made it easier to put a wrench on them.

You're not going to want to start off with an exhaust leak. Emissions aside, it sounds bad, and you don't get the same performance.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
chillmiller
Senior User
ya but if i can get the headers on and all the exhaust in place i can drive it 3 miles up the road to the muffler shop and have them with there Fancy tools and know how get the rest of the bolts in lol

Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 983 Likes on 775 Posts
Are these Truck headers you're tring to install? If not give up now because Mustang or retrofit headers will never fit properly.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
chillmiller
Senior User
they came off a bronco so.... ya thats not a mustang