6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
View Poll Results: Would you pull a Rutcutter if you could?
I would rather wait for my truck to show up, one of these days
34.21%
I would If I could find another truck just like I ordered it
47.37%
I would, but I do not want to lose my deposit I put down
13.16%
I am already pulling a Rutcutter and getting a new truck, screw my ordered truck
5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Would you pull a Rutcutter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Cerb
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you pull a Rutcutter?

Just wondering how many people would pull a Rutcutter if they could.

Definition of a "Rutcutter" = Bail on a new truck you ordered and go pick up another new truck that meets your needs that has already been delivered to a dealer.

I am sure there are a lot of us are actually jealous that he was able to get a new truck already while the rest of us poor fools wait till they show up one day.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
middaughm
Senior User
lmao

I'm working on pulling a rutcutter right now!
Waiting for Ford to call me back

Old 04-20-2010, 04:30 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
My order likely won't be delivered until mid July. My dealer says if something else comes in before then that I'm happy with, he'll be happy to sell me that one.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
vrsc
Senior User
I value my dealer's trust; however my dealer locating one for me

Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
dc3655
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jones02SportTrac
My order likely won't be delivered until mid July. My dealer says if something else comes in before then that I'm happy with, he'll be happy to sell me that one.
Who's your dealership? I just test drove an awesome, fully-loaded F350 CC/SB Lariat at Larry H. Miller Ford (90th S. and I-15) on Saturday and it was incredible. If I was truly in the market and not just dreaming, it would be in my garage right now because it had all the options I could ever want. You should look at it! Maybe it might work for you?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I've bought cars from Ed Kenley Ford in Layton, Utah. I just checked yesterday through all the Davis county dealers and Larry Miller in downtown and no go. I didn't check as far south as Sandy. Sounds like a quick run to Sandy is in order today! Thanks for the tip.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 AM
vrsc
Senior User
When Customer Care (escalation dept) calls me back, I'll ask if they have any thoughts to making these continued issues right with "US" loyal customers. I really haven't ever had such a hard time spending 60K plus before. When I brought this up to the normal customer care and all the issues and delays I've experienced (ordered my truck in Jan), they told me that I am already getting Xplan pricing and I should just be happy with that. I explained to them that I was but going on 4 months of a wait on a product that I was told 6-8 weeks max is a bit ridiculous. I've personally seen new 6.7 trucks on the lot with much higher VIN's than mine. Not sure why ford is allowing retail trucks to be built before sold or ordered vehicles. This straight sucks and FMC seems to not care

Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I woke up this morning and about fell out of my chair laughing so hard,you guys are halarious..

The ordering dealer said that he wouldnt have a problem selling the ordered truck so when I found one I called and finalized the deal before it was sold out from under me as I had been without a truck for over 6 wks..

The truck that was ordered is still sitting and was built on 3/22 in Quality Control do not ship status as of today.

Im just lucky to find one like I ordered not far from me.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Damn this Rutcutter guy is famous.... Lol
At this rate they're wont be any left.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Hey Utah Guys !!!

Saw the two trucks at LHM Sandy, and they are nice.. Bet they wont last long, everyone is over there looking and driving. There are tons of SD's sitting at Union Pacifics Roper terminal, so I would expect to see many more each day at Utah dealers.

If you have not made a deal yet with a dealer, go see Steve Kersey, at Henry Day Ford in West Valley... You wont be sorry!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
asphaltman
Senior User
Originally Posted by vrsc
When Customer Care (escalation dept) calls me back, I'll ask if they have any thoughts to making these continued issues right with "US" loyal customers. I really haven't ever had such a hard time spending 60K plus before. When I brought this up to the normal customer care and all the issues and delays I've experienced (ordered my truck in Jan), they told me that I am already getting Xplan pricing and I should just be happy with that. I explained to them that I was but going on 4 months of a wait on a product that I was told 6-8 weeks max is a bit ridiculous. I've personally seen new 6.7 trucks on the lot with much higher VIN's than mine. Not sure why ford is allowing retail trucks to be built before sold or ordered vehicles. This straight sucks and FMC seems to not care

Talk to a super at escalations and ask what they can do for you to get the bitterness out of your mind in regards to Ford and the way things have been handled..Just be respectful to them and understand repairs are not their fault, but the lousy communication and shipping stock orders first is the issue. Post what they say!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Boys I contacted my dealer today and they will refund my deposit.....If I find a lariat in Florida or Georgia on the lot I am pulling a Rutcutter.....

Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

If anyone knows of 350 KR or Lariat well equipped on the dealer lot in Florida or Georgia please let me know.....

Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
The big volume dealers in Ga have a good selection around here. I sat in a 350 SRW Lariat yesterday with all the bells and whistles. It was Platinum white with black leather interior.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm pullin' a Rutcutter. Instead of July or August, I should have it by Tuesday. F250 CC, Silver/Steel, FX4, XLT, 6.7, lonnnnng bed. The only thing it doesn't have that I ordered is the 5th wheel prep.I can't wait any longer!

Quick Reply: Would you pull a Rutcutter?