Sponsored by: Moser

Problems keeping phone paired to SYNC

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aparentfamily
I think unless you change the auto-download to "no" you will probably encounter the problem again. Good luck!
And thats what happened. Just tried it again and "no phone found".
The only time it allowed me to toggle between yes and no was when I first paired the phone. Once it is downloaded it will not give me a yes or no choice, just "yes".
Going to give it one more try tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'm just going to write it off as a wasted $400 bell and whisle, and go back to using the phone as before.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
aparentfamily
New User
Originally Posted by Fishhawk460
And thats what happened. Just tried it again and "no phone found".
The only time it allowed me to toggle between yes and no was when I first paired the phone. Once it is downloaded it will not give me a yes or no choice, just "yes".
Going to give it one more try tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'm just going to write it off as a wasted $400 bell and whisle, and go back to using the phone as before.
Okay Fishhawk460, I had a chance to look at my SYNC menu more closely and wrote down the steps you need to change the auto download setting, I suspect you just aren't doing it right or are in the wrong menu. Hope you can understand my directions.
1. Press MENU until it reads "Sync Phone", press Okay
2. press the right arrow with line until screen says "Phone settings", press okay.
3. Arrow over until you see "Auto Download", press okay
4. Press the arrow up until it says "Auto Download off", then press okay.

This should help, let me know how it turns out - don't give up!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Originally Posted by aparentfamily
Okay Fishhawk460, I had a chance to look at my SYNC menu more closely and wrote down the steps you need to change the auto download setting, I suspect you just aren't doing it right or are in the wrong menu. Hope you can understand my directions.
1. Press MENU until it reads "Sync Phone", press Okay
2. press the right arrow with line until screen says "Phone settings", press okay.
3. Arrow over until you see "Auto Download", press okay
4. Press the arrow up until it says "Auto Download off", then press okay.

This should help, let me know how it turns out - don't give up!
This is close. Actually your advice got me looking in the direction of auto download. I finally found a recent approved list of phones and even though my phone is approved it will not allow auto download.
The problem I found with choosing auto download "no" first is it would not load my phonebook at all. I finally found in phone setting "load phonebook". This loaded the phonebook without auto download. Now I was able to go to auto download and turn it off. I think this will work. The true test will be if it works in the morning after sitting all night.
Thanks again.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
ajaj
Freshman User
SYNC TSB

There is a SYNC TSB that fixes a wide array of problems including connectability and phonebook problems..........

I dont have it but I saw a printout at the Stealership and there was a whole array of problems it fixes.......I had it done and all the problems are fixed with my Motorola Razr now...

Its a fix you can only get thru Ford and NOT at sync my ride.com

TSB # 09-22-14

Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Originally Posted by ajaj
There is a SYNC TSB that fixes a wide array of problems including connectability and phonebook problems..........

I dont have it but I saw a printout at the Stealership and there was a whole array of problems it fixes.......I had it done and all the problems are fixed with my Motorola Razr now...

Its a fix you can only get thru Ford and NOT at sync my ride.com

TSB # 09-22-14
I think I found the issue. My phone does not support auto download. After I was able to load the phone book I turned off auto download and it seems to be working.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
I want to thank all that helped with this issue.
Its now working ....... kind of. If I leave the phone in the truck and it is turned on and leave the truck, Sync will disconnect. I will need to pull the battery and try again and it will work. If I have the phone turned on and in my left pocket or in a holster on my left hip it will not connect. I will then need to leave the truck with the phone on, get back in and it work.
Close enough.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 PM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When the phone won't/isn't connected, try pressing the phone button. This will cause sync to try to re-connect.

It may not work all the time, but who knows.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Originally Posted by shotgunz
When the phone won't/isn't connected, try pressing the phone button. This will cause sync to try to re-connect.

It may not work all the time, but who knows.
I'll give that a shot. This has kind of turned into a pain in the a$& but I guess its still better then the old days of driving around looking for a pay phone.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 PM
khogle2
New User
Originally Posted by Fishhawk460
Just bought a 2010 XLT Screw and love the truck but my Motorola Tundra phone won't stay paired to SYNC. I checked Sync-My-Ride and a lot of people are having issues with this phone and many others. My Motorola is supposed to be on the list of approved phones but there is a definite problem. It is intermittent with no clear pattern of why Sync drops the phone. It will pair up then drop it right away or drop it a couple hours later. The next day it will mysteriously be paired, then later Sync will lose it. I've done a complete deletion of the phone and address book from Sync, pulled the battery on the phone to reboot, and its still screwed up.
Has anyone else here experienced this issue and were you able to come up with a solution?

my LG did the same thing. took it right back to the Ford dealership to check sync. the sales mgr. said it was most always the phone. he used his phone to pair up and it worked fine. went and traded my phone for the newer version of the same LG phone, never had the problem since. it has been ok since sept 2009.

ps: verizon didnt know much about this problem either, the guy there did a software upgrade on the original phone, didnt make any difference. just some issue with the phone (that was also on the compatible list on the sync site). i have had issues like this before and you just waste tons of time fighting it. rarely fixed, my .02.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM
arno
Senior User
With my Blackberry I dont have connecting or dropping issues, however, every so often Sync seems to lose the ability to understand my commands, in the phone book, and give me names I dont say. The response is often close, like Steve instead of Stacey, but a PITA either way. any others with this problem? The phone book is still there, Sync just seems to not be able to understand me. If I rest the system it works again for awhile.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Originally Posted by arno
With my Blackberry I dont have connecting or dropping issues, however, every so often Sync seems to lose the ability to understand my commands, in the phone book, and give me names I dont say. The response is often close, like Steve instead of Stacey, but a PITA either way. any others with this problem? The phone book is still there, Sync just seems to not be able to understand me. If I rest the system it works again for awhile.
I occasioanlly see this issue when asking Sync for songs off the hard drive I have connected to the USB2. Its usually outside noise that is interfering or just me not pronouncing the names clearly enough.

PS: My phone has never really worked properly with Sync. My contract with AT&T isn't up until January so it looks like I'm stuck with my current phone until then. Probably will go with an iPhone. That better work or I'll be .....

Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before you buy that iPhone, head over to syncmyride.com and read the owner-to-owner forums.

They also have an updated phone list.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
arno
Senior User
Up to this point I have been very impressed with its ability to understand the spoken word. However, from time to time, for no reason, it seems to lose its ability to understand me. I then have to delete my phone and re-pair it all over agin to get it working right. I read soemthing on syncmyride about turning my phone off from time to time might help, we shall see....

Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Fishhawk460
Senior User
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Before you buy that iPhone, head over to syncmyride.com and read the owner-to-owner forums.

They also have an updated phone list.
Since my contract for the phone isn't up until January I have time. However, by then the new 4G will be out so I'll probably be running into the same issue with a new phone/network.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
BrianFX4
Senior User
Not sure if this matters to you or not but my iphone works great with my sync. I have never had issues. On a recent road trip with a buddy to Moab we synced his iphone as well to my system and it aslo worked great.

Quick Reply: Problems keeping phone paired to SYNC