Sponsored by: Moser

My New Truck - The Junkyawd Dawg

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile My New Truck - The Junkyawd Dawg

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my latest "new" truck. I finally got completely tired of beating my 99 up, hauling scrap and pulling an F-250 box trailer. My 99 did OK, but it's real need is to be my daily driver and so-called "family truck".

The engine is a very worn 400, but still has plenty of power and snap. I'm not fond of automatic transmissions, but hey ... the price was definitely right! Maybe further along, a 460 and manual ... we'll have to see, as time goes on.

She's got rusted floorboards on the driver side and I haven't looked at the boards on the other side. Yet. There's a rust through on both panels behind the doors, on the bottom edges, but I can live with that, for now.

I do plan on putting on a headache rack to protect the rear windows, but I have to lengthen the one I have, as it's for a shortbox. Ahh ... a little welding practice.

Anyway ... here ya go.

and one more view ...

Old 04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
benmoderow
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That doesn't look all that bad! Do I dare ask what you paid for it?

Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

My brother gave it to me, for services rendered, being his little bro and with the promise that he could use it, now and again .. if needed. ( He has a ton of metal haulers, some of which are pictured in the backgrounds. ) Actually, everything he owns is also in my name, with rights of survivor. I think he initially paid about a grand for it.

I guess we could say I paid in blood, sweat and tears, over the years of growing older with him. ( And vice-versa )

Old 04-05-2010, 01:18 AM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why do you need to lengthen a headache rack for the long box???

Old 04-05-2010, 01:24 AM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was about to ask the same thing. is it a head-ache/ladder rack?

Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

The headache rack I'm going to use, was on a short-box. The rails along the top of the box need to be lengthened to match and protect the full length of the box. Guess I should have been more specific.

When I get it on I'll post another pic or two.

Lots of headache racks, only protect the rear window and cab area, this one, extends the length of the box, using channel iron. It looked great on an earlier truck of my brother's, so it ought to look great on this one too.

I dunno why, but I keep thinking about a 460 in it's future, but it still won't be a high dollar truck, as it'll still be used for towing my 3/4 ton box trailer, which makes me 99 get really poor mileage. So, if I'm gonna get poor mileage, may as well have a reason for it, while having a bit more fun driving it. I will accept a 428 if one happens along, but I'll wait for that day to happen, first. Personally, a 460 sounds like the answer to a worn out 400, to me.