1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Picked up new Door Panels.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
LARIAT 85
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have map pockets on my 1985 Lariat, but they look different from yours. Mine are slimmer, with a cardboard backing, full carpet front, and the whole front half has a long elastic "pocket." Interesting. I wonder why ours our different from each other?

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80
Oh,I almost forgot,the tops of the door panels have absolutely no sun damage at all.Thank you tinted windows.
NO sun damage at all? WOW, I have NEVER seen these generation door panels without sun damage. GREAT score!

There was actually a pretty good Red dash pad in the truck I got my moldings out of.It had no cracks,even on the speaker grille.It was just a little faded.
RED dash pad? I am looking for a nice red dash pad with NO CRACKS. If you can get your hands on it, I might be interested in buying it from you.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
JGreen236
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was actually a pretty good Red dash pad in the truck I got my moldings out of.It had no cracks,even on the speaker grille.It was just a little faded.But when I was there last(same day you were) I saw they had moved the truck to the holding lot for some reason.

Yea,It starts April 5th.I'm plannin on spendin my break goin out to Belleview Auto Salvage and Big Sun to see what they have.It's been awhile since i've been to either one of those yards.Gavin's is too picked apart now.
We should get together some weekend, have some break fest and pick apart stuff from the junkyards. Hows your truck running?

Old 03-24-2010, 04:35 PM
girlwithatruck
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow you got a lot and cheap! i need to go the jy and find that piece of metal trim that runs on the interior right above the windshield...bent mine trying pull it off...dang clips are so strong...

Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LARIAT 85
I have map pockets on my 1985 Lariat, but they look different from yours. Mine are slimmer, with a cardboard backing, full carpet front, and the whole front half has a long elastic "pocket." Interesting. I wonder why ours our different from each other?

NO sun damage at all? WOW, I have NEVER seen these generation door panels without sun damage. GREAT score!

RED dash pad? I am looking for a nice red dash pad with NO CRACKS. If you can get your hands on it, I might be interested in buying it from you.
I think in 84 or 85 they switched to that style,i've never seen any 85-86 with the hard plastic map pockets like mine.Some of the hard plastic map pockets had color coordinated carpet on them that matched the floor carpet,but the truck I got my interior from was an XL rubber floor mat special,so the map pockets don't have any carpet.

Nope,nothing at all for sun damage.The only damage to speak of is some John Deere Green overspray from when the mud truck was painted green,and even that is hard to see.The tops of the door panels are nice and smooth.Thanks man.

Yep,red.And no cracks at all.They put the truck back into the holding lot,but if it gets put back out in the yard and the dash pad is still intact,i'll grab it.I managed to nab a pic before they put the truck back.Not sure how well you can see the dashpad.

Originally Posted by JGreen236
We should get together some weekend, have some break fest and pick apart stuff from the junkyards. Hows your truck running?
That'd be awesome.Just pm me whenever ya wanna go.

Originally Posted by girlwithatruck
wow you got a lot and cheap! i need to go the jy and find that piece of metal trim that runs on the interior right above the windshield...bent mine trying pull it off...dang clips are so strong...
Yep I did.I got lucky.That's for sure.

Did you bend it so bad that you can't simply bend it back into shape?I bent my old saddle one once,I was able to bend it back and you couldn't even tell.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:06 PM
girlwithatruck
Senior User
Did you bend it so bad that you can't simply bend it back into shape?I bent my old saddle one once,I was able to bend it back and you couldn't even tell.
yeah i creased it good on the very last clip (of course)...i was being so careful but then i had to yank that one last section...

Old 03-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Originally Posted by girlwithatruck
yeah i creased it good on the very last clip (of course)...i was being so careful but then i had to yank that one last section...
Oh,I see.It's always that last clip.lol.When I was putting the rear window upper molding on,I had drilled one of the holes too small,so the clip got stuck,and wouldn't come out.I managed to slide the molding off,but the clip was still there.Took some pliers,gripped it real good,and yanked.Broke the clip right in half.Made the hole bigger too,but now it's the right size.Luckily,I had grabbed a bunch of clips from the junkyard,so I had a full set of replacements,even though I only needed one.That reminds me,I need to get some extra ones for the side pieces too.

Also,the woodgrain trim is now on the new door panels(I hate those friggin fragile tabs on the woodgrain trim,they're so easy to break),and the door panel and map pocket is now on the passenger side.Looks really good.I'll get pics............Tomorrow.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Pics:

I really hated drilling the holes for the woodgrain,because the panels are in such good condition.But I just made sure I took my time and drilled carefully,and here they are.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good Zilla. I never really liked the plastic look of the wood grain, but this blends well and looks great with your body color.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Rockstone
Looks good Zilla. I never really liked the plastic look of the wood grain, but this blends well and looks great with your body color.
Thanks man.I actually think the new interior as a whole blends better than than the original saddle interior did.

Actually,the woodgrain door trim is a light metal.It kinda feels like aluminum.The bezels are plastic though.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Cienega32
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job! The black panel with the wood grain really works on that truck color (almost my colors).

Old 03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
girlwithatruck
Senior User
that is looking SOOO good...now WHY are you saving up for another truck again?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Thanks Cinega,I really appreciate it.

Thanks Em,it does look really good.lol.You don't know how bad I want to drive the truck.But I want it to perform as good as it looks before I even think about taking it down the road.

I put the driver's side together today.I also threw in some other pics for the heck of it.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Oh,and the funny thing is,the same exact door panels are on Ebay right now,as well as a mint dash pad and kick panels from what I presume was a Bronco since the seller doesn't have anything else listed for trim panels.The seller also has an underhood toolbox,tach and printed circuit,Duraspark conversion kit,and a few other things.I wonder if he/she is a member of FTE?

1980 - 1986 ford f100 f150 f250 bronco door panels : eBay Motors (item 290417209761 end time Mar-29-10 22:18:01 PDT)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Cienega32
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shaun, that is one sweet and clean looking cab! Fantastic job.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Cienega32
Shaun, that is one sweet and clean looking cab! Fantastic job.
Thanks,but the cab floors are on the holy side.I need to get some patch panels and replace the rusted through spots.I don't have anything too bad at the moment.Hopefully it stays that way.

Quick Reply: Picked up new Door Panels.