1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line X ; Rollnlock

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 04:47 PM
BluesManF250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line X ; Rollnlock

Hi FTE,

Well I ordered a truck and now the wait is almost painful! I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Line X bedliners and RollnLock bed covers. I am interested in both products and want to have them installed soon after I take delivery on my truck.

Does the RollnLock vibrate or make noise as you drive during either city or highway driving. How well does it protect the contents underneath during rainy weather, parked or driving?

The LIne X pretty much seems good to go. It just makes very nervous to have something sprayed on a brand new truck!!!

Your input will be much appreciated. Take care.

Mike

Soon to be: F250 CC Lariat 4X4 LB V10!

Old 01-24-2003, 04:55 PM
basstardo
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Line X ; Rollnlock

I have the Line-X liner in my truck, and have had it in there for close to 10 months now. Makes a world of difference in my opinion. I had the truck for a month and it was scratched all to hell, now the stuff stays in place, and the rear end is actually quieter due to the dampening effect of the Line-X stuff. I would recommend going ahead and getting it. The truck may be new, but the investment is definitely worth it

basstardo

Old 01-24-2003, 04:57 PM
CO4x4SD
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

Not sure about the RollnLok cover. My pops uses a Pace Edwards roll cover. It seals tight, never leaks and does not rattle or vibrate at speed. They forgot to seal the tailgate gaps at first and it would let dust in but it was fixed right away. He loves it and puts all kinds of things in the bed that stay dry and dust free.
Kind of pricy IMO though.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Line X ; Rollnlock

Both are EXCELLENT products.

I have the Line-X liner in my truck, and so far I am very happy with it. I paid ~$450 CND. I had the Rhino liner in my previous truck and I prefer the Line-x. It's a little harder and tougher. The Line-x stood up well to loading and unloading dirt bikes all summer and shows no signs of wear. There's no doubt it protects, I also think it looks good, especially on darker colored trucks where it doesn't contrast with the paint as much.

My Dad has the Rollnlock on his Chevy. He loves it. It is rattle free, water proof, very dust proof, and lockable. It works great. It's easy to install, you don't need anything but a drill and tape measure. The only problem with these systems is that they do take up ~8" of space on top of the front of the box, if you're trying to load a dirt bike, quad, etc... they're a real pain.

You can't go wrong with either product.

Waxy

Old 01-24-2003, 05:41 PM
watty
New User
Line X ; Rollnlock

Checkout Pace Edwards covers (no drill and works just like Roll-N-Lock. You can order on line and install yourself.

Old 01-24-2003, 07:38 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
Line X ; Rollnlock

love my linex!

my friend with rhino had his blasted off and replaced with linex after he saw mine.... after a year his rhino liner was almost destroyed.... now, after a year with the linex his liner looks almost new (he is a LOT rougher on his than i am on mine).

Old 01-24-2003, 07:38 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
Line X ; Rollnlock

love my linex!

my friend with rhino had his blasted off and replaced with linex after he saw mine.... after a year his rhino liner was almost destroyed.... now, after a year with the linex his liner looks almost new (he is a LOT rougher on his than i am on mine).

Old 01-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

I've had the line-x for about a year and it still looks new. This past summer I had the bed full of pave stone blocks and all kind of top soil. Even after using a shovel on it it still held up. It's been worth every penny.

Will-

Old 01-25-2003, 03:04 PM
ColtM4
Elder User
Line X ; Rollnlock

You'll love the Line-X. I have one sprayed in and it is much harder and tougher than the Rhino my friend has in his truck. I have slid in broken concrete into the back of my truck and no gouges in it. My friend's rhino liner has gouges in it, but the installer usually compensates for this by spraying it in a little thicker.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:25 PM
BluesManF250
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

Hey guys,

Looks like Line X is the way to go, but what is the long term outlook on this liner? Does it last many years looking pretty much like it did originally? or do you get a recoat every few years?

A couple of you mentioned putting coarse material on it (rock, conrete blocks), does it leave permanent scratch marks on the liner?

One local dealer/installer (MD) gave me a price of $425+ tax, then a $20 off coupon. Normal price for a F250 LB?

Typical question after question from this rookie pickup buyer. Thanks for the input and patience with the many questions!!!

Mike

Old 01-26-2003, 04:02 AM
basstardo
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Line X ; Rollnlock

The Line-X liners are pretty resilient and it takes a good deal to really gouge it good. The dealer I bought it from said if I gouge it or take a chunk out, etc, that all I had to do was bring it back in. If it was minor, they would fix it free of charge, if it was a serious serious damage, they would charge me like 30-40 bucks. Talk to you local Line-X guy and see what he has to say, he may tell you the same.

On edit: Also, the price you got is a good deal IMHO. I paid about 540 for mine, but depending on where you're from, different market=different price.

basstardo

Last edited by basstardo; 01-26-2003 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Franklin3
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

While I'm waiting for my new truck 12 weeks and still waiting, or fighting anyway no truck.
I have linex in my other truck and wouldn't use any other one in five years you can have a fog coat applied and it'll be brand new again.
As far as deck lids go I personally like the hard type with locks.
Some of those roll ups look and work great but when I'm stowing valuables: Tools, Fishing or hunting gear, I like some protection that cannot be accessed with things other than a key.
like say a pocket knife or a sharp rock. I have a Gemtop GT Classic lid on my old truck, color matched to the truck. It comes off and on in seconds and locks securely. Also my insurance considers anything in the bed as being locked securely just like breaking into the cab if anythiung were to be tampered with.
I have had the new Lid for my new truck since last November waiting for the truck to arrive. Theres a lot of styles and the internet is a great source for research. Since your waiting for your new truck you'll have lots of time for research. You allready found the best source ever FTE.
Good luck,
you'll find that here at this site your among freinds.

Old 01-26-2003, 01:37 PM
BluesManF250
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

Hi Franklin3,

Wow, 12 weeks!!! It will only be 1 week for me this Tuesday and I am already biting at the bit! Makes me want to compromise and settle for one thats already on a dealers lot!

What did you order?? I ordered an F250 CC Lariat LB V10 with most of the options. Makes me think twice about the dealer saying it could make it in before the Mar. 3 rebate deadline. I doubted it then, and I'm convinced that won't happen now.

Well thanks for the info. on the liner and lid. I will have plenty of time to think about. Good luck, hope your truck gets to you very soon!!!

Mike

Old 01-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Franklin3
Senior User
Line X ; Rollnlock

I ordered the F250 CC, Lariet, FX4, 4X4, power moonroof, and some other goodies. I think mine got screwed up, I heard about people getting them in as little as 4 weeks. I'm not that lucky I have really had to exercise my patience. It gets to be like christmas eve everyday only christmas doesn't arrive.
I would now like to pass on some of the great advice I have gotten here regarding the new buying experience all of which you should know about.
Did you get a copy of your order confirmation when the truck was ordered? it would be a computer generated and show all your options and prices.
The next thing you want to ask for is VIN for the truck. It should be available within two weeks of your order being placed.
Then you want to stay on your dealer to find out when Ford will serialize your truck for production. And finally you'll get a delivery date. Stay on top of the dealer cuz S**T happens.
Good luck
F3

Old 01-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
Line X ; Rollnlock

I've got the linex in my truck, have been beating the dickens out of it with firewood, throwing pretty big oak logs into it seeing if I could ding/gouge it and so far have been unable to. I did have one log about 150 pounds roll back against the tailgate and dent the inside surface of it in and the linex just flexed with it. Didn't crack, split or scratch. I thought it would have separated from the metal or something since it is so hard compared to the Rhino, but it held up great. Stayed coated on. Been a great investment for me so far, going on 16 months now. My 8' box cost $405 to get sprayed with a $20 coupon like you've got. So you are right in the money.

Quick Reply: Line X ; Rollnlock