Sponsored by: DP Tuner

No fuel pressure at fuel gauge? Truck is running

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
ajorn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No fuel pressure at fuel gauge? Truck is running

So I bought the adapter and installed it and a fuel pressure gauge (mechanical) from my fuel bowl. I hooked it all up and I get no reading from the gauge. I'm also not getting pressurized fuel from the hose that I hooked up. (I used this port...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ure-gauge.html

Need the FTE help on this one? The only difference with the Ex is that it has a greasecar system on it? I'm sitting in the truck, as it runs writing this and the pressure gauge has no fuel going to it...help?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The only thing I can think of is how does it look inside your filter bowl consider its a grease car conversions, maybe its junked up around those ports and it won't let it read, subscribing.....

Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
ajorn
Senior User
yeah, i checked the ports and they are clear. The kit wasn't used much and it hasn't been used in the past three years at all. I have half of it disconnected (moving the tank). Couldn't find any install manuals either...(kit was in the Ex when I bought it.)

Old 02-23-2010, 04:31 PM
CPUNeck
Elder User
Originally Posted by ajorn
yeah, i checked the ports and they are clear.

Ok, first, your truck will run with out fuel pressure (albeit like chit, but...) So how does your truck run? Like no problems until your gauge read no fuel pressure? Does the gauge work?

The standard type tests won't work here because you have another fuel system tied in. Need some info on "how" your grease is plumbed in. Tell us every OEM "change" to your fuel system. Then we can help.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
ajorn
Senior User
Truck runs fine as far as I can tell. I hoping that someone can chime in here on a greasecar install and the fuel system. I do have a FASS sitting here...maybe it's time to just re-plum it all....<sigh> I'm reading on their site and looking for an install manual.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
CPUNeck
Elder User
Originally Posted by ajorn
Truck runs fine as far as I can tell. I hoping that someone can chime in here on a greasecar install and the fuel system. I do have a FASS sitting here...maybe it's time to just re-plum it all....<sigh> I'm reading on their site and looking for an install manual.
Uh Yea, I wouldn't drive it as far as the end of the driveway until I knew exactly what changes were made, and how they affect the factory system. If you break down somewhere, you won't be able to get any help unless you get lucky and find someone who understands the WVO/SVO stuff.
</sigh>

Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
medhvac
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CPUNeck
Uh Yea, I wouldn't drive it as far as the end of the driveway until I knew exactly what changes were made, and how they affect the factory system. If you break down somewhere, you won't be able to get any help unless you get lucky and find someone who understands the WVO/SVO stuff.

Thats why its not working you need a grease pressure gauge!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
ajorn
Senior User
Got it figured out. Vegginpsd on another forum has it sorted out. Basically I'm going to redo my fuel system tomorrow provided I can get all the parts I need....