Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my PCM for a high or low impedance TCC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
fullmetalmonkey
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is my PCM for a high or low impedance TCC?

i have a 95 f150....manuf 6/95....im trying to figure out if the original PCM in my truck was originally intended for a low impedance or 'early' TCC or if its set up for a high impedance 'later' type

so far my impression of info is that its a 'low' type, however im having what feels like a 'no lockup' symptom, (good power at bottom end, but a general loss of connected ness at higher RPMs, esp. if im really pushing it) and the tranny WAS changed to one that SHOULD be a high impedance (F4ZP), but upon dropping pan and checking, i find its a low impedance solenoid, meaning someone did the proper swap, i think...so now im stumped, unless the PCM is actually a 'high' type, but from info, that should have damaged the wiring/PCM......

any suggestions?....also, can anyone tell me what OTHER issues could result in the feeling of a 'no lockup' (aside from a burned out torque converter, and how do i tell if my lockup clutch is burned out as well)

Old 02-25-2010, 03:02 PM
fullmetalmonkey
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still wondering how to tell if my PCM is for a high impedance or a low impedance TCC.....its marked with a F4TP i believe...at least the F4 is right....does anyone know if there were even any F4 (being 94+) 'high impedance' pcms...or were they a different part # altogether..(like F5 or F6 or whatever)

Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Contact a user named Mark Kovalsky. He's probably the only one around that knows Ford automatics well enough to know what you're talking about.