Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.
View Poll Results: Have you tried Fluid Film?
Yes, and it's the best stuff on the market.
30.77%
Yes, and I now purchase after trying the sample.
16.67%
I got a sample but haven't tried it yet.
3.85%
I tried it and wasn't that impressed.
1.28%
What the heck is Fluid Film?
47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Have you tried Fluid Film?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 AM
DanoFF50
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! If you'd like to show your support, sign up at our fan page and get notices for upcoming contests and product giveaways. The link is in my sig.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great stuff except do not use it on a Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby axles, I did and it slowed the car down. Other than that it had worked wonders on everything that I have used it on.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM
MaszExpy
Freshman User
Thumbs up

I have a new application for FF. I live in south Florida and every year we have a period of time when the "love bugs" begin their mating stage. Apparently, they like heat and tend to gravitate to the roadways. Many love bugs meet their demise on the front end of vehicles moving at interstate speeds. They are also a real biotche to get off your car.

I recently bought some FF to undercoat my vehicle and noticed that is retains a bit of fluidity, ie, it doesn't harden. I thought this might be helpful by not allowing love bugs to stick to the front of my vehicles.

I recently had to go to Orlando which required driving on the interstate. Last week, my wife's car got plastered with love bugs a week ago and even after a recent polish and wax, they were a pain to get off the front of her car. So, before I hit the road I sprayed the front of my vehicle with FF and wiped off the excess. My Expy got plastered, but this time the bugs just wiped off with a towel!

Last edited by MaszExpy; 04-30-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DanoFF50
The easiest way to find your closest retailer is by visiting our website at Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor and clicking on Purchase. We have a dealer locator in that section where you can search by zip code.
Thanks. I used the locator and found a couple of marine supply stores and a farm machinery store in my area that carry it. I am curious and may try it.

Originally Posted by megawatt00
Great stuff except do not use it on a Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby axles, I did and it slowed the car down. Other than that it had worked wonders on everything that I have used it on.
Jim, for best results on PW derby car axles, use powdered graphite!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Originally Posted by horsepuller
Thanks. I used the locator and found a couple of marine supply stores and a farm machinery store in my area that carry it. I am curious and may try it.

Jim, for best results on PW derby car axles, use powdered graphite!
I always did Scott just wanted to try something different. At least he got the trophy for coolest car!! Next year machined axles and wheels!! (with powered graphite)

Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM
DanoFF50
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MaszExpy
I have a new application for FF. I live in south Florida and every year we have a period of time when the "love bugs" begin their mating stage. Apparently, they like heat and tend to gravitate to the roadways. Many love bugs meet their demise on the front end of vehicles moving at interstate speeds. They are also a real biotche to get off your car.

I recently bought some FF to undercoat my vehicle and noticed that is retains a bit of fluidity, ie, it doesn't harden. I thought this might be helpful by not allowing love bugs to stick to the front of my vehicles.

I recently had to go to Orlando which required driving on the interstate. Last week, my wife's car got plastered with love bugs a week ago and even after a recent polish and wax, they were a pain to get off the front of her car. So, before I hit the road I sprayed the front of my vehicle with FF and wiped off the excess. My Expy got plastered, but this time the bugs just wiped off with a towel!
That is such a good application we once had a distributor who wanted to promote that exclusively during love bug season.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
FlyCanadianGuy
Senior User
We use Fluid Film all the time in the oil patch. Works great on unions and threads and does not freeze at -20C. Oh, and I really love the smell, its yummy. We must go through 3-5 cases of it a week atleast.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
occupant
Senior User
Awesome testimonials. I do want more good use out of the metal products I own, my car, my tools, and this might do the trick.

I have found my local JD dealer in Hillsboro TX carries this. Sounds like a plan.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 AM
hamoyer
New User
Re: Fluid Film

Hi:

Are you still sending free samples? If so, I'd love to try it and give you my feedback!

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
DanoFF50
Former Vendor
If you've never tried Fluid Film and live in the US, just PM me your contact info and you're good to go.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 PM
pete98cobra
Mountain Pass
I recieved my sample and loved it. Since then I have bought 5 cans total so far from my local John Deere Dealer.. Thank you Dano for the sample.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:23 AM
BIGT94z
Senior User
used up my sample i got from u on ls1tech. i need to order some its great stuff! better than pb blaster imo

Old 04-19-2013, 02:17 PM
APM32
New User
Smile Fluid Film

Just heard Fluid Film can now be purchased at AutoZone, has any one else heard seen Fluid Film in their local AutoZone store?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
avoid like the plague.......IMHO- it will be another one on the news in a few years....FTC, class action, etc, etc.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
bashby
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Beechkid
avoid like the plague.......IMHO- it will be another one on the news in a few years....FTC, class action, etc, etc.

What are you talking about? Avoid FF? AZ??????????

Quick Reply: Have you tried Fluid Film?