Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Pics and Story!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
This is the best thread I have read in a very long time.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
SGnAZ has a very good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a very good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead View Post
My sentiments exactly

Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Mike F250
Elder User
Mike F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mike F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I certainly do envy you. If I had found AK at a younger age I'd still be there too. I was in Anchorage and traveled the Kenai Peninsula for 2 weeks in 2001. Have been looking for a reason to get back ever since. I'll never forget the color of the glacial ice and rivers. A blue that you have to see to believe.
Best of luck to ya

Old 02-15-2010, 08:46 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Great adventure, great story, Oh to be young again.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:21 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dang Alex, I didnt realize what you were going through for all that! I hope the little bit I passed on, on our phone calls helped some. I wish I could have helped more! Pretty intense journey, and looks like you have some good friends!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
stevestroke01
Senior User
stevestroke01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead View Post
Yes for sure!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:46 AM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
milleroutdoors has a very good reputation on FTE.milleroutdoors has a very good reputation on FTE.milleroutdoors has a very good reputation on FTE.milleroutdoors has a very good reputation on FTE.
Alex thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration to all seeking adventure.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:05 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Looks like a great adventure you had there. Keep the camera with you so we can see more of your adventures as you go through life.

How the heck can you stand in the snow with no socks with those shoes?

Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Quick444 View Post
I understand that many people may be mumbling to themselves that I am a dumb young kid who doesn't know better.
I beg to differ. There MIGHT be a few, but "many"?

I read a story like this and it reminds me of the true American spirit. Where we do as much as we can on our own, with friends helping where they can, but not relying on some one (or some entity...coughgovernmentcough), to bail us out or create another social program.

You got it DONE, son! Good freaking job!

Why would anyone keep returning to a place full of terrible experiences?
Again, I disagree with anyone who would think that. Life is an adventure. The destination shouldn't be our goal, but rather, the journey that gets us there!

Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350 View Post
I almost spit my beer out looking at that citation. That was some funny chit there. Declaration of independence.
I had the same reaction. Well, except I read it this morning so mine involved coffee!

Originally Posted by Mike F250 View Post
I A blue that you have to see to believe.
Aint that the truth!

Quick, I sure wish I coulda been there with you on that last river crossing!

Stewart

EDIT: I have bestowed a five star rating on this epic thread! Oh yeah!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation

Stewart

Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
frdf250
Posting Guru
frdf250 has a very good reputation on FTE.frdf250 has a very good reputation on FTE.frdf250 has a very good reputation on FTE.frdf250 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dude this has to be the coolest story i have seen in a while. i cannot believe this, i bookmarked this page. my buddy and i go on trips like this, drove to RI one day after school 6 hours just to go kayakin the next day and still make it back for dinner.

this is the coolest thing i have ever seen serisouly

Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
macgiobuin
Postmaster
macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
Very impressive!

Old 02-15-2010, 01:24 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
absolutely reps are in order for him. great story.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Alex,

Your story kept me on the edge of my seat. Reps sent.

When you were stuck on the wrong side of the river I thought of Jon Krakauer's book "Into the Wild". It's a must read.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:25 PM
74baja
Elder User
74baja is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Quick444 View Post

Amazing picture. I enjoyed reading this a lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Swap Pics and Story!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.