6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Chicago Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:42 PM
UWMtriebs
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Auto Show

Went to the Chicago Auto Show this morning. They have six 2011 Super Duties on the floor, one with doors actually unlocked!!!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, as I am personally annoyed by people taking pictures at auto shows. But the trucks look sweet.

They had a red gas F250 Crew Cab (I think the same one from the Texas State Fair), two chassis cabs, the DeWalt truck and the fire truck that have been at other shows, and a white F350 King Ranch.

They actually had the doors unlocked for full access to the King Ranch, but the rest were locked up. A couple observations:

I really like the flow through console it has tons of storage space with convenient spots to stow things.

I wasn't crazy about the new grill when the first pics came out, but in person I am a fan.

They had an example of the factory integrated gooseneck hitch. I don't know if I like the design as well as a B&W turnover ball, but I like the idea of a factory installed gooseneck hitch.

I asked the sales guy at the booth for horsepower and torque numbers for the 6.7, he smiled and said nothing will be released as far as numbers until March. The sales guy told me that Adam Gryglak, the head 6.7 design engineer was in the booth if I wanted to ask him any questions, but I couldn't come up with any good questions.

Chevy and Dodge both had their new 3/4 ton trucks there as well. I was not impressed with the Dodge, the quality just does not to be on par with the Ford or Chevy. On the exterior, the Chevy does not appear to have any major changes, just some minor changes to the bumper and grill. Underneath, however the frame was completely redone, with a boxed frame and modified front suspension architecture. Interestingly, Chevy has chosen to put the DEF filler neck under the hood, unlike Ford's second filler neck in the fuel door (the gas truck still has the huge filler door).

In summary, I'd recommend anyone in the Chicagoland area should head to the show to check out the new Super Duties, I was impressed.

If only I didn't have two more years of payment on my truck...

Old 02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm going Monday...I can't wait!

Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 PM
elemint
Elder User
Why are you excited? What is new besides the engine and grill?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

SHOW

The transmission........

Old 02-15-2010, 05:45 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
front bumper.......... people shouldnt respond to elemint in the 6.7 forum. He is very bitter that he still can't afford a 1999 superduty so he gets real mad about these new 2011 trucks.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:08 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Good point............

Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
UWMtriebs
Freshman User
I'm obviously excited about the 2011 trucks because I've been brain-washed by the Ford Motor Company and I excite easily

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I went to the show today.For the first time seeing the truck in person I like it alot.The seats are great,so comfortable.I tried to poke at the Ford guys but I couldn't get any info out of them.Everything that we all want to know will be released March 1.

I did bring my camera but didn't take any pics because we have seen everything that was there on here already,So really no reason to post stuff we've already seen.

Overall very nice truck,And would buy one in a heart beat!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 AM
elemint
Elder User
I like the 2009-20011 SD's look best. They just need to have one drvetrain out for at least 4 years before I am interested.

Originally Posted by rollerstud98
front bumper.......... people shouldnt respond to elemint in the 6.7 forum. He is very bitter that he still can't afford a 1999 superduty so he gets real mad about these new 2011 trucks.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
skinner24
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing your interested in is complaining about the Superduty trucks. If you don't like them don't look at them.