Sponsored by:

I want 35's...what do I need to do?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 06:04 PM
speed1972
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 93 and I want to go bigger on tires.... How much lift do I need to be able to be able to clear 35''s? I'm not sure but do I need to get new wheels also? Thanks for the help, this is my first truck. I've always had mustangs and I'm new to the whole 4x4 experience...... Larry

Old 01-18-2003, 06:11 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. If you plan on taking this thing off the road, I would go with a six inch suspension lift (that way you have room for articulation, because you can get away with a 4" and some bumper shims, but I wouldnt). Sure, body lifts are cheap, but you get what you pay for. As for new wheels, just call up a reputable 4x4 shop or tire store and they should be able to tell you all about the backspacing and other features to your ride. Another thing to consider is gearing. What do you have for gearing now? You can throw whatever tires on that you want, but if you dont have the proper gearing to move them... Hope the Bronco treats you well

Old 01-19-2003, 02:58 PM
JoeB
Senior User

There is a picture of my 94 with only 4" of lift and 35's in my user gallery. It can be done but I didn't like the way the Bumper looked shimed out so I added a 2" body lift later.

Old 01-20-2003, 10:20 AM
speed1972
Freshman User

Joe, I think maybe I'll go the same route... use a 4 inch suspension and a 2 inch body... when you put the body kit on, did you have to do much to make it fit.... (i.e. cut fan shroud, lengthen wires connecting body to frame, etc)? I assume I'll have to go wider on the wheels too correct? Sorry if I'm asking lots of ???'s but I am just getting into the whole truck thing...
thanks, Larry

Old 01-20-2003, 04:10 PM
speed1972
Freshman User

Joe, I think maybe I'll go the same route... use a 4 inch suspension and a 2 inch body... when you put the body kit on, did you have to do much to make it fit.... (i.e. cut fan shroud, lengthen wires connecting body to frame, etc)? I assume I'll have to go wider on the wheels too correct? Sorry if I'm asking lots of ???'s but I am just getting into the whole truck thing...
thanks, Larry

Old 01-20-2003, 06:22 PM
JoeB
Senior User

I bought a performance accesories body lift that came with everything I needed to drop the fan shroud and extend the steering shaft. The onlything it didn't have was brackets to raise the back bumper. If your starting from scratch put on the 6" Suspension lift I wish I had did that but I didn't think I'd want to go that high.