General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I don't condone wife beating......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:19 PM
72mach_1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't condone wife beating,but after thursday I understand it.....Just kidding.... I get to work thursday morning and my wife calls on my cell phone and says (my cars running hot and making a noise then it just quit, and won't start.) So I get to the car and drag it home,and in the garage..........and you know what I find...
low on oil......FOUR QUARTS LOW.....gee you think it got hot...boiled the antifreeze out of it....I could have her...
cost me a days work and a lot of trouble not to mention probably a engine just because she hasn't checked the oil......
But I got lucky I put oil,and antifreeze in it and fired it up then took it for a drive not hurt a bit.....except for the premature wear on the bearings....
So remember just because you tell them to check the oil doesn't mean they will.....women!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Karic
Elder User

OK, who's the vehicle expert in your house, and who's REALLY to blame.

My wife wouldn't know, or even care to know, how to check the oil. She does tell me when the "Check Engine" light comes on, or when she needs gas, tho'.

In her defense, she DOES cut the grass!

Sorry, I just had to give you a shot.

Rick

Old 01-18-2003, 04:39 PM
72mach_1
Senior User

Yeah I wish..I cut the grass
I know I better start checking her oil I just don't have much time.I work construction,10 to 12 hours a day 1 hour away so that doesn't leave me much time for anything else...but in my defense I have shown her how to check-change oil,and to change a tire incase I'm out of town working......

Old 01-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Karic
Elder User

You're lucky she didn't have the keys to your Mustang!

Rick

Old 01-18-2003, 04:56 PM
72mach_1
Senior User

Oh man don't even talk like that...I'm going to have nightmares now......thanks

Old 01-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 92 crown vic and if anyone has a 92 crown vic then you know it uses oil like crazy (bad valve guides from factory). I have made my wife very aware of this becasue I deploy a lot (I'm in Korea for the next year right now). She still doesn't check it as often as she needs to though. She drives like John Force which doesn't help any either. I know exactly what you mean. I would be very mad if she burnt up the engine. It still runs like new with over 100,000 miles. She is going to build the next engine for the next car she gets (probably an older mustang). Maybe she will get a better understanding of how oil works.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
lolly20
New User

My mother was leaving Cleveland and heading to Columbus (2 1/2 Hours). Before she got on the freeway she noticed that the temp gauge was pegged hot but figured "it seems to be running O.K.". Long story short...when she got home I had to replace two warped heads because of a stuck thermostat. Here's the best part. I'm out in the garage replacing these heads on a 95 degree day, sweating my 'you know what' off and she looks at the bare motor and says "Are you sure you can put that back together?" (I've been a mechanic for 11 years) I'd never hit a woman but I sure wanted to shake the jello out of this one.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Drawsoncad420
Senior User

I have a similar story from one of my Ex Girlfriends. It went about the same way. When I checked the oil on her car, there was damn near no oil on the stick. I told her to take my truck, because she was late for work and Id take care of the car. I really wish I hadn't done that. I had a green 2 door sport Explorer at the time. All she ever drove in her life was cars. Needless to say I get a call about an hour later....she misjudged the distance from my side mirror and a stop sign post and sheared the driver mirror right off the truck. If I wasn't Pi**ed enough that she damn near ruined her car, she had to go and give mine a beating too. NO ONE drives my baby now but me!!

Old 01-18-2003, 09:49 PM
steve41
Trailering

Hey man - my heart bleeds for you. I think you should trade "all" household chores with the wife for a full month just to teach her a lesson.

What's the old joke: Sunday morning, after cooking breakfast, doing the dishes, dusting and then doing a couple loads of laundry, the Wife's out re-paving the driveway when the Husband pokes his head out the front door to let her know that she doesn't need to worry about emptying the ashtray next to his recliner cause he took care of it.

Although I know how to do many maintenance things to my car
"It's not my job"!!!!!! If I had to do that too, why the heck would I bother getting married?????????????

Carlene
(Unofficial Moderator until I can log in again on my own)

Old 01-18-2003, 11:49 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster

I taught my girlfriend how to change her oil

I feel your pain, though.

XXL

Old 01-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Drawsoncad420
Senior User

Steve,
What's the old joke: Sunday morning, after cooking breakfast, doing the dishes, dusting and then doing a couple loads of laundry, the Wife's out re-paving the driveway when the Husband pokes his head out the front door to let her know that she doesn't need to worry about emptying the ashtray next to his recliner cause he took care of it.
That is priceless!

Old 01-20-2003, 12:11 PM
couleeman
Posting Guru

My wife does nothing to the car except drive. That is why I bought her a new one that is under warranty. When the warranty runs out, it is time to trade in the car.

Old 01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Y2K350
Elder User

I make my wife go to full service stations. It only costs .02 cents a gallon more and she doesn't have to get out in the cold and get her hands dirty. The oil gets checked at every fill up that way and I never have to worry about it.

Old 01-21-2003, 10:41 AM
fat_trucker
Junior User

I will not, ever hit a female. i never have, and never will. it is wrong to me. I take the responsibility to care for my wifes car. she does the in house stuff. i do the outside stuff. simple, and nothing has gone wrong with the car yet.

Old 01-21-2003, 11:18 AM
SHartman
Senior User

Originally posted by Y2K350
I make my wife go to full service stations.
You still have full service stations?

Around here, full service means free air and water.

Quick Reply: I don't condone wife beating......