Sponsored by: Moser

Rust Rapair on Cab Tops

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-1999, 07:09 PM
TomC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust Rapair on Cab Tops

Does anyone make "patch panels" for the top of the various years of cabs? This is a famous rust area in my climate (South Texas). If no one does, there would seem to be a great market for a whole cab top or even just L. and R. sides from the rain gutters up where the factory seam is. Thanks TomC

Old 08-11-1999, 08:25 PM
Brent
New User
Rust Rapair on Cab Tops

I sure could have used some of them last week! I purchased a 76 2wd truck for the body. I am transplanting the body to my 79 4x4. I removed the front glass from the donor cab and all the way across the top behind the seal were rust holes! I ended up chopping the tops and welding the 79 top to the 76 cab. That was the only piece of sheet metal worth a crap on the lime green 79 body. Good luck on your search.

Brent

Old 08-21-1999, 08:56 AM
Wayne
New User
Rust Rapair on Cab Tops

I wish they did make repair panels for this very common problem. I have the same problem on my 1979 F-150. From all the body shops that i have talked to there seems to be just 2 ways to solve the problem. one is to have a rust free roof welded on, or to replace the entire cab of the truck. The problem is that once the cancer starts the only way to get rid of it is to cut it all out which can be a definate problem with roof panels becuase of the roof construction. If you dont get rid of it all it will just come back.

Old 08-21-1999, 09:31 AM
deleontow
Laughing Gas
Rust Rapair on Cab Tops