Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Bovaloe
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally

So I finally am able to drive my pickup again.

I got a few small kinks to work out but at least its on the road after 6 months of it sitting. After the engine was built and dropped in, wiring swapped to MAF and my computer chipped to run it, I had to drop it at a shop to figure out what was wrong, ended up being that the intake wasn't the right one.

I got it back yesterday and now driving it a bit to finish breaking in the 408, so trying my best to keep my foot out of it. The little I have pushed it, its pretty strong.

Gotta do something about the exhaust though. Currently its on 2.5" true duals, glasspacks and dumps right in front of the axle. Its incredible how loud it is, I dont think the local pd is gonna like it

Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 967 Likes on 765 Posts
What was wrong about the intake?

Old 01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
pete17c
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
while I know it goes against conventional thinking I was reading this the other day and it made a lot of sense .. Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power ..

Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Bovaloe
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Conanski
What was wrong about the intake?
Well, when I ordered the long block I told them that I was planning on using the stock 351 intake until I got some more money together and upgrade. Well they didnt feel like paying attention to me and the heads they put on it has MONSTER intake ports and the stock intake wouldnt even cover them up so it was sucking air like crazy.

I think it has to do with the block they used maybe, because it doesnt have a spot for the dipstick like the one out of my bronco had( didnt actually notice this problem until the engine was installed and we were putting in oil, so that will have to be fixed). Gotta see if I can maybe just weld in a dipstick mount in and mark it where its full and go from there

Did the different years have a different deck height?