Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do it yourself Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Thistle3595
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sdg0080
i have that herculiner in my truck, it looked great to start with. not so much now. its faded pitted and pealing. i had an engine sitting on a stand in the bed to head to the scrap yard the oil that leaked caused the liner to peal off where the oil was.
That is exactly the situation we had at the fire department. I was hoping someone would have some experience with Monstaliner in this same type of environment and knows first hand if it holds up or also fails. So far no one has come forward so I'll just keep waiting.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
sdg0080
Senior User
im going to scrape mine out. i have a friend who used the plasticoat and its held up for about 5yrs now. he sprayed his in. ill either use that or ill have lineX put in.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I had hurculiner in 2 different trucks, They both wore right off like a cheap paint job. Highly dissapointed. I am in the progress of a Al's DIY liner

Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all right I broke through the herculiner. based on my posts it lasted 3 months. I had good hopes for it but now wish i paid the extra for line-x

Old 09-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
You can put a Dual Liner in right over top of your DIY liner.

We have had several customers that tried the DIY liner and were not overly impressed to say the least. They purchased and installed the Dual Liner right over top. You can check out the installation video at DualLiner® Real Truck Bed Protection just cut and paste the link into your browser. The Dual Liner will not scratch off, it will not peel off, and it definitely will not fade like the others. For more information you can go to the site at DualLiner Truck Bed Liners, the BEST Bedliner in the industry!.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
Here is the install Video.

This is the Installation Video for the F-150.******** style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDVRzY01ro8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDVRzY01ro8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">*********>

Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Originally Posted by danorules
all right I broke through the herculiner. based on my posts it lasted 3 months. I had good hopes for it but now wish i paid the extra for line-x

Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
is that good for me or good for you?

also that dual liner is not what anyone was trying to accomplish with this thread.We all wanted a spray-in liner on the cheap. I, along with a few others, were removing similar drop-ins to do the spray/roll on liner. the only conclusion I can see from this thread, and experience, is that there is a reason that rhino and line-x exist. they are a superior bed protection system and should be treated as so.trying to cheap out only seems to end in failure and regret.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
Dual Liner is an option for those who want a DIY liner.

Dual Liner is not like any other drop in. Dual Liner spends unbelievable amounts of money on molds that insures that your bed liner will fit exactly to the contour of your trucks bed. Dual Liner will not chaff your paint off because it is tight up agaist the sheet metal. The floor is held in place by the sidewalls, there is a Chanel that the Zero Skid mat Fits into. The Zero skid mat is one of the thickest bed mats available and it is really tacky so your stuff won't slide around. If you are looking for a cheaper way to protect your trucks bed Dual Liner is a definite contender. It cost less than $400.00 and that is shipped to your door (At least for this month,October) when you order off the website, www.dualliner.com. When you put a Dual Liner in you can rest assured that your trucks bed is going to be protected from dents and scratches better than any other bed liner on the market. The Dual Liner is also offers the best cargo protection as well. I think the dual liner is the best value for the money and I get the peace of mind that if I want to take it out, I can very easily. I had to clarify why Dual Liner is not part of the "similar drop in" crowd. I do agree with you on one point, that there is a place for the spray ons. That being said I don't think linex or rhino are a superior product but I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It looks to me like there are a few unhappy people with DIY bed liners that may be looking to do something different, So I am putting it out there that there is another option.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
OK, but Dual Liner has polypropylene sides (same material as a drop-in bedliner) and a rubber mat floor, is that correct?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
I'm always dumbfounded by people who spend tens of thousands on a truck but balk at spending a few hundred on protecting the bed.

Get a BedRug. It's the only way to go. Believe me, once you try it you'll never go back to anything else.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
Dual Liner is the same only a lot different!

Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
OK, but Dual Liner has polypropylene sides (same material as a drop-in bedliner) and a rubber mat floor, is that correct?
The Dual Liner Sidewalls are made of a similar type of material, the difference comes in how it is made. We use a process called VACUUM-FORMING: In this process, a sheet of heated plastic is positioned over a male or female mold. The mold is then moved into the sheet, creating a seal, and vacuum suction is applied to draw out air between the sheet and the mold. After a water-cooling system in the mold cools the formed plastic, air is blown back through the mold to separate the part from the mold. Which is much more expensive and far superior to the other ways drop ins are made. You would not believe how much money we spend for each mold for each make, model, and model year of trucks. This ensures that the thickness of the panel is exactly the same anywhere on the panel. Drop ins can't offer this, the corners and bends are up to 50%-85% thinner than the flat surfaces. Each piece fits exactly to the contour of the truck bed keeping dirt and debris from getting behind the panel, and even if dirt did get behind the panel it doesn't shift side to side and back and forth like a drop in. Drop ins are typically a universal fit meaning that they fit many different trucks with the same bed liner. If your truck is a Ford and has a 6 foot box you typically get the same bed liner as the Chevy, Dodge, and sometimes even the Tundra with the similar box length. Since they fit multiple trucks they typically cover up your factory tie downs, this means that it makes it harder to secure your load. The Dual Liner allows full access to the tie downs giving you more options to secure your cargo. Though the Drop ins do offer pretty good dent protection they eventually wear your trucks finish off in areas that the bed liner comes in contact with your trucks bed because of the universal application . Another issue that I don't particularly like about the drop in liner is the fact that it is a hard plastic floor, so when you put something in the the trucks bed it is going to slide around. Say for instance you put a sledge hammer in the back, it will slide around when ever you take a corner or hit the brakes you get a reminding "BANG" from behind you. Some claim to be "skid resistant", but I am not sure exactly what that means. The Dual Liner uses a "Zero Skid" floor meaning that your "stuff" will not slide around, period. This is not "just a rubber mat" either, it is a 3/8ths inch thick mat with nubs on the bottom to allow water to drain using the factory designed drain holes. This eliminates any pooling of water, unlike a drop in that actually holds the water in (especially if you are parked on uneven ground). I feel Dual Liner gives you the best paint protection, the best dent protection, and the best cargo protection without altering your truck permanently. These are a few of the main reasons that separate the Dual Liner from "drop ins". On our website DualLiner Truck Bed Liners, the BEST Bedliner in the industry! we have several photos from customers who upgraded to the Dual Liner that took out a drop in. Here is one that is shows the damage very clearly .
Here is the picture after the Dual Liner was installed.

Last edited by Dual Liner; 10-15-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Thought you might want to see a before and after shot of the Dual Liner!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by danorules
is that good for me or good for you?

also that dual liner is not what anyone was trying to accomplish with this thread.We all wanted a spray-in liner on the cheap. I, along with a few others, were removing similar drop-ins to do the spray/roll on liner. the only conclusion I can see from this thread, and experience, is that there is a reason that rhino and line-x exist. they are a superior bed protection system and should be treated as so.trying to cheap out only seems to end in failure and regret.
Agreed. Line-X all the way. My bed is still in perfect condition because of this stuff. Although the spray on liner is good for some other things. I painted all of the plastics on my truck with it. Flip through the pages on this thread to see the pics. Keep in mind my line-x'd bed is just dirty in the pics.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...additions.html

Old 10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
jeremy2008
Senior User
The only bad part Dual Liner is if u haul sand or dirt or any thing with small grain it will go between the bed an the liner that is why rhino an line-x is the way to go i have also seen drop in ones that bow out from the sun an the weather in general.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
The Dual Liner bed liner is designed to be able to take it out easily to wash out your trucks bed. It is an extra step though. Most drop ins are universal type applications, meaning that the 6'5" box length actually fits the Ford, Dodge and the Chevy. Since each one is a little different it is likely that when it is warm it would bow out on one of them. When you design your bed liner to fit multiple trucks I would guess that the drop in fits the Chevy better than the Ford or vice versa. The Dual Liner is made for each exact model of box ensuring that the Dual Liner will fit properly and not bow out.

Quick Reply: Do it yourself Bedliner