1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

bummed out im gunna have to sell it :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 PM
going slow
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bummed out im gunna have to sell it :(

well folks the day has come were i can no longer afford life and toys so my beloved 49 street rod project is going up for sale...i hate to see it go but if it mean paying for life ( and my semi new little girl ) then i need to chose life...i just wanted to say thanks for all your support and help...and this isnt over just a speed bump...ill build one again someday!!!

so if anyone on here is interested in a project! let me know i also have a solid 5.3l motor from an 03' silverado along with alot of extra parts!!
id like to give u guys a chance at it first...
email me at streetf1@breakthru.com
or call my cell at 319-361-1671

Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Thats a bummer. Keep in mind that a truck doesn't care if you leave it sitting for years, it will still be there for you when you get a little time and money. We all know what its like to have to sell off the toys to keep the kids in shoes and food.

My kids are almost grown and gone, but still, even today my main truck budget comes from the spare change I can save. Once my coin jar gets full (which is tough with teenagers constantly swiping all the quarters from it) I turn it into cash and buy parts. Yep, it takes a long time to show any kind of progress but what the heck.

Keep in mind that you don't actuually have to be a truck owner to participate in the forum. If you have to sell it then you have to sell it, that doesn't mean that you have to drop off the face of the earth. Don't be a stranger

Good luck
Bobby

Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
Letting Go

Sorry to hear of your situation but as Bobby says the truck would wait for you if you could swing it.

If not; live through us at the FTE ; you can still have input and keep up on the hobby.

Good Luck !

Tom

Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
selling

Hey Goingslow

Sorry to hear you're having to "bail". That's a possibility for most of us at times. I hear ya. It's tough and I'm real sorry you're having to make it happen, but sometimes we have to make adjustments. I hope things change and you don't have to sell it. A person puts a lot of themselves in these projects and such. But if you do--remember that in the future you may have an opportunity to start a new project. I've built lots of cars/trucks since I was a kid--I don't have all of em!! I won't have what I've got "forever". Its all temporary. LOL Can't go wrong doing what's best for your family!!.

Goodluck
Tom

Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
going slow
Senior User
thanks for the kind words and dont worry i wont drop of the earth!!! im hoping i dont have to sell it but things are leaning toward that...i do have other projects that im selling first and it all depends on what ones go...but again thanks guys!! and gals!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Boy that really hurts.Lets hope that you sell all the other stuff first
and are able to keep the truck even if it has to set for a while.
I had to sell mine some time ago but 2 years ago i was able
to buy it back again.This time i am not going to sell it.Hang in there.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Selling it to pay for something or selling it cause you can't pay to work on it right now?

If its the lateral, just let it sit. Necessity is the mother of all invention and you'd be surprised at how far you can stretch a dollar when you only have one.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
dont get down , and like the others say if need be and it doesn't have to be sold don't . let it sit . mine is sitting , basically from a lack of dain time , and the occassional " where the hades did that bill come from ? " . mostly from lack of time though . it's not eating anything , other than at me cause i'm not driving her , and it's not going any dain place . too much time , and me in it too let it go . if something were too happen that it had to go i already promised my little red headed helper , i.e my granddaughter Reese that it was her's for a buck so it won't go far .

Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by going slow
well folks the day has come were i can no longer afford life and toys so my beloved 49 street rod project is going up for sale...i hate to see it go but if it mean paying for life ( and my semi new little girl ) then i need to chose life...i just wanted to say thanks for all your support and help...and this isnt over just a speed bump...ill build one again someday!!!

so if anyone on here is interested in a project! let me know i also have a solid 5.3l motor from an 03' silverado along with alot of extra parts!!
id like to give u guys a chance at it first...
email me at streetf1@breakthru.com
or call my cell at 319-361-1671
man this is one ofthe trucks i was waiting to see progress on,verry cool project!! sorry you have to sell your truck, i`m sorta in the same boat but i poured too mutch blood and sweat into it and just can`t let it go! good luck!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM
going slow
Senior User
this is why i love this site..thanks for all the kind things....and like i said im hoping i dont have to sell it and the wife and i were talking tonight and things dont seem to be quite as bad as once thought so im not sure if i have to now or not...well have to see how things go... im trying to do everything i can so it can stay in the family...!!