Sponsored by: DP Tuner

H2E Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H2E Installation?

Hey, I think I have sold my Garrett BB Turbo, and am going to go with the H2E (unless somone can suggest something better again). What is required to put the H2E on the 2001 Motor? What comes in the kit?
I read something about the kit coming with a new Downpipe, does that mean that my new 4" Stainless Downpipe won't work with it?
Now that I am buying a second turbo in a period of about 3months, can someone please tell me exactly what I need so I won't need to buy another one?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
The Kit should come with new uppipes, Pedistal, Intake Spyder, Downpipe, and turbo.

You will remove all of the above and R&R it. It's should be about a 6-8 hour job. You should just have to pull your downpipe and put the supplied one in it's place.

Remove the DP first so you can get a little more room to get at the uppipes. The good news is that you can sell your intake spider to recomp some $$$.

Good luck!

Edit: If you got forged rods I would recommend buying your H2E from Beans. They can mod it for you and then you can really put down some numbers.. If you do that I would recommend pushrods, valve springs, head studs, etc.. Maybe even a girdle.. this is assuming you have forged rods.. If you are rebuilding the engine.. I have heard alot of ppl are getting WOP factory forged rods that are cryno'd.. they are like $450 a set FYI

Old 01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by jkidd_39
The Kit should come with new uppipes, Pedistal, Intake Spyder, Downpipe, and turbo.

You will remove all of the above and R&R it. It's should be about a 6-8 hour job. You should just have to pull your downpipe and put the supplied one in it's place.

Remove the DP first so you can get a little more room to get at the uppipes. The good news is that you can sell your intake spider to recomp some $$$.

Good luck!

Edit: If you got forged rods I would recommend buying your H2E from Beans. They can mod it for you and then you can really put down some numbers.. If you do that I would recommend pushrods, valve springs, head studs, etc.. Maybe even a girdle.. this is assuming you have forged rods.. If you are rebuilding the engine.. I have heard alot of ppl are getting WOP factory forged rods that are cryno'd.. they are like $450 a set FYI

Already grendaded my motor, so putting Hypermax Rods, and 910 Springs, and pushrods and Hypermax O-Ring Headgaskets (Stock bolts recommended by Hypermax).

So, should be pretty easy to get new turbo all lined up out of the truck first... Whats beans want for the modded turbo?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
If you are doing that heavy of a build perhaps you should look into a t4 flange set up. Then you can run a 42R or GT4202 or even a 45R.. The prob with a H2E is that you can only run an H2E b/c of it's T4i flange..

I'm not sure of bean's pricing.. I would give them a shout