1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will the rear bench of a crew cab fit in a single cab in place of the bench seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will the rear bench of a crew cab fit in a single cab in place of the bench seat

will this fit? Will the seat out of an 09 crew cab (rear) seat fit work as the front seat of my 04 single cab?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Short answer: No

Long answer; Anything will fit, given enough time, tools and money. It would involve extensive modification to the seat frame or truck cab.

Why would you want to use the rear seat of a crew cab as the bench seat of a regular cab?

Old 12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Wagion
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Money. Right you have one or can get one cheap so want to know if it would work that is why

Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
SLIM_DOWG
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

GREETINGS:

I have recently converted my 08 f350 SD from the bucket seats to a full bench seat. I never liked the 40/20/40 setup that the truck came with. Most people would disagree, but I find the full vinyl bench seat more useful and comfortable.

My friend has a 2008 350 SD super cab. The rear seat you are talking about has a totaly different frame compared to the front seat. For one, the rear seat does not slide front and back, which will be a big problem. Not sure if the rear seat has 2 cutouts in the seat for the seat belt buckles. Plus the seat bottom will move upward , not recline. Not the best driving comfort.

Basically you can do what I did. Go to a couple of auto wrecking yards and tell them what seat or any part you are searching for that matter , and they will locate it for you. I was able to get my hands on an excellant condition FRONT vinyl bench seat from a ford F550. I had taken all the measurements of my current bolt patterns, and compared it with the 550 bench seat. fit perfectly. Very happy.

Long story short, problem resolved for $300, instead of getting one custom made from an internet store for $1100 .

Here is a website I got from a couple of members on here. CAR-PARTS.COM With you local zipcode, it will show your local auto wrecking yard inventory. I do recomend calling your closets wrecking yard, they do not always update their on-line inventory database weekly.

Ford Truck seats have detachable " bolted, not welded with very wide mounting tabs" seat brackets, which is a great advantage if you want to put any other bucket seat from another vehicle that is more comfortable possibly with leather from the wrecking yard. If you are good with welding and grinding , you have a unlimted number of combinations. I, like you ; needed a bench seat and needed the sliding and recling hardware to go with it, Which was not as easy to find.

Just make sure , what ever seat you are looking at, it matches the bolt pattern. The passenger side " On my xlt anyway" did not have any wires the attach to the seat belt buckle. If you have power or heated seats , you will have an extra wiring harnes.

The drivers side is the only side that has a 2 wire system for the seat belt buckle confirmation " Controls the dummy light on the dash and chime. No seat sensors for the airbag system. I have the passenger keyed system.

The only thing I had to order from the dealer was the seat belt buckles. Not bad for all three I paid $109.00. Could not find a wrecking yard with the buckles. Which included the drivers side seat buckle with the eletronic switch wiring already done.

Sorry for the long novel...lol. I did a lot of research when I wanted to do the same project, so I figured I would pass it on. When I did this project I used the search engine on here for some guidance. Type in anything realted to bench seats , or just use the word seat. Take a look on EBAY MOTORS , for superduty bench seats as well to get an idea what is out there.

P.S.- Make sure you have the coffee pot brewing, you will need the caffine.

This forum has answered many of my questions, everybody on here is willing to help out.

Good - luck

SLIM_DOWG

Old 12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
too bad no-one on here has one for sale i just need the front seats bench or buckets i just want something different than I have

Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
SLIM_DOWG
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

There is always a gear head looking for a project. Seat swapping is not an umcommon thing. At least Ford kept the SuperDuty simple regarding the seats. You do not have airbags built into the seats and a glob fill of wires going to the trucks computer, from the front seats. I have been there before, pain in the royal A$$. You might have someone on here that wants what you have.

Hope it works out for you.