1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

MERRY CHRISTMAS - FTE !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 732 Likes on 261 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS - FTE !!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas FTE family.

I’m sure everyone of you has completed your Christmas shopping, right ?? Ok… how ‘bout completed your Christmas list ?? All those truck parts listed alphabetically or by price low to high ??? Ok, so after the wife laughed till her stomach hurt… the revised list is finished, right ?? yea right, me too.

Lots of changes in my year… new job, new responsibilities, some old friends gone on sadly, but some new friends made and old lost friends found… thanks facebook ! Another change was my church… yep, cradle Catholic has jumped ship and changed to a independent bible church with a fantastic pastor and a very involved congregation… It’s opened up a whole different kinda world to me. It’s given me a different perspective on how my life and that of others is connected. I know that connection here… it’s strong and hugely rewarding for me. I don’t have another place on the internet where I really feel at home… this is home for me.

Over the last four years since my grandson’s illness, I’ve learned lots of things about myself…some were good, some bad. The good I’m improving on and the bad I’m eliminating (I hope) One of the very most important things I’ve learned is that friends and family can’t be replaced with money or STUFF. I’ve come to understand that how we treat others is much more important than what we have or want. I consider this group of misfits and nare-do-wells a part of my family and I’m proud to say that. I know that I could call in you in a tough situation and rely on your support and I hope you feel the same way toward me…

So family… I want to thank you first for all the help and support you’ve given me over the past year(s). Whether is a hint on how to make something work or just a word of encouragement when I was frustrated at no progress or stuck in a self-induced bad mood.

Second... I want each of you to do something for me this year. Enjoy your Christmas completely. Gather together with family and friends and have an excellent time. MAKE IT AN EXCELLENT TIME. Do something foolish or funny, act like a kid… remember how ??? Kiss an ugly cousin and tell them how good they look. Hug every child in your family and tell them you love them. Walk up to a total stranger and say Merry Christmas. Do everything you can possibly do to make this Christmas special…for your family and everyone around you. BE the spirit of Christmas this year . You can never know the one person who really needed to hear you say those words or needed that hug. Hopefully, you’ll be totally exhausted from it. You won’t regret being tired.. it will give you the best Christmas ever. I promise.

I’ve said this in the past and it suits me to say it again… my Christmas and New Years wish for all of my FTE family…

I hope that you and your families are in good health and spirits.
I hope that you are close to all of them and share good times often.
I hope that you can't begin to count all your friends.
I hope you bear no ill feelings toward anyone or have an enemy
I hope if that isn’t the case and it's your fault that you fix it …. Soon.
I hope that you have a God that you believe in and talk to.
I hope he listens to you and answers your questions and prayers.
I hope you'll share these Christmas wishes and thoughts with every one you encounter, both friend and foe, loved one and stranger.
Be politically incorrect and wish EVERYONE Merry Christmas!!
I hope you'll drop a dollar or two in the Salvation Army Bucket… make that bell ringer feel useful.
I hope you'll send a Christmas Card with a check in it to the local mission or to Toys for Tots, or pick up a gift for an Angel Tree child.
I hope you’ll pray for our service men and women who won’t be home this Christmas.

I hope everyone here at FTE has a wonderful Christmas week. Be safe in your travels, be sincere in your expression of friendship and abundant in your love for those around you… especially the little ones. Show them the way to celebrate these special days.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my friends and family at Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

John

Old 12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

WOW!!!!!! Jon, I just finished reading your post. All I can say is WOW. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours and GOD bless. I've not been on here much lately. I've just been kind of down and distracted, but you make me realize why I became a member on here to begin with. I agree completely with your post and also would like to wish everyone on my FTE family a Merry CHRISTmas too.

GOD bless yall!!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
dongc1
Elder User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Truxx1956
WOW!!!!!! Jon, I just finished reading your post. All I can say is WOW. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours and GOD bless. I've not been on here much lately. I've just been kind of down and distracted, but you make me realize why I became a member on here to begin with. I agree completely with your post and also would like to wish everyone on my FTE family a Merry CHRISTmas too.
I agree with Truxx, Wow. I wish everyone the same. May the new year bring us all good health and good friends.
Merry Christmas !

Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
John, your writing is always inspirational. Thank you for the nudge.
Merry Christmas everyone.
brian..

Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Merry Christmas to you John, and all my FTE friends. Lot of stuff to think and (and act upon) in your post. It was sure great to spend an afternoon with you last month, after all these years conversing on the net.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:22 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Well said, John! I echo the sentiments here by all as well. Merry Christmas everyone!! and Happy New Year too. Hope next year is better for all of us.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:46 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Donald From Nashville, TN chimes and say Merry CHRISTmas to everyone as well.

Terry hope you get your spirits up. I got a 56 Cab with doors. Lord willing guess who is going to be doing another seat within the next 18-24 months? Yep this little shop up in Leitchfield.

Take care all

Old 12-13-2009, 06:11 PM
gdgerland
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Merry Christmas, John, and to all. All the best for the coming New Year.

Gil

Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks John for the encouraging words on the subject of the Christmas season. Terri and I also extend our best wishes and to our FTE family.

Tacson....will finally get to have a rust free 56 cab and doors as he has scoured the country thoroughly for them....and a good guy to talk with.

I just donated some funds to the APL for all the dogs and cats that need it,and we all need to remember them in the cold and needing humans to help them out,and give to feed and house them.

Hopefully I get my fill of trucks and parts this coming year,and Terri would be o.k. with that...LOL
fte is great......Thanks/BILL and TERRI

Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 851 Likes on 482 Posts
[quote=jniolon;8236378]Merry Christmas FTE family.

Over the last four years since my grandson’s illness, I’ve learned lots of things about myself…some were good, some bad. The good I’m improving on and the bad I’m eliminating (I hope) One of the very most important things I’ve learned is that friends and family can’t be replaced with money or STUFF. I’ve come to understand that how we treat others is much more important than what we have or want. I consider this group of misfits and nare-do-wells a part of my family and I’m proud to say that. I know that I could call in you in a tough situation and rely on your support and I hope you feel the same way toward me…

Great post, I sent a fellow FTE'er something similar during an email feud and they told me "next time dont make it sound like a Hallmark card"!

Tis the holidays and its a time to enjoy each other, and remember loved ones who have passe on, and rememer those less fortunate than most.

My 13 yr old went to visit and take gifts tonight to 4 members of our church who most forget about as they are in a group home. She is a very special child!

Happy Holidays to ALL, even the FTE'er who sent me the email, no need to apologize, I forgive you!.

Kevin Bigwin

Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thank you Jon for all those great wishes - we are all truly Blessed

Merry Christmas to all!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Merry Christmas to all from my family to yours.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
May the next 12 days of Christmas bring happiness, peace and prosperity to you and everyone around you!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, That was one of the best things i have ever read! I would like to say thank you for the kind thoughts!! I hope the same for you and the rest of the FTE family!!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
THANKS JOHN,I am really going to try & be a better person
this year.I want to do more for everyone & make them happy
i want to keep all of my family close to me & let them know
just how much that i love them & i never hang up the phone
without saying " i love you" as you never know when god is
going to call you.i have a brother that i have not spoken to
in a long time over something that he started,but now it is
time to forgive & forget. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Quick Reply: MERRY CHRISTMAS - FTE !!!!!!!!!