1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Brought home my '52 Ford Saturday!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:27 AM
norvillebob
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dagwood387
Im in Schwenksville (kind of near Valley Forge). Got the truck from north central CT (almost at the Mass border).

I haven't taken any pics of it really because for the time being it's in my parent's driveway under a tarp- But at some point Ill take some pics- Ill take the tarp off sometimes when its sunny out-
good to know I have family in Spring City. Welcome to the board, if you ever need something looked at up here (18707 area) let me know. Or I can keep stuff here if needed. What are your plans for it?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
CHIEFEAVES
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulation Dagwood. I started restoring a 1951 F-1 last July. Have removed everything except the cab, motor and radiator. I am not a mechanic, but have a close frriend that is and he is helping with that part. My only experience in restoration is I just finished a 1939 M Farmall tractor. Never owned one, I learned to drive a 1951 Ford 8N at the same time I was introduce to driving a F-1 Ford. That is why I am so anxious to get this one on the road. Needless to say I am not a young chicken. Glad to hear I can get some assistance from this site. Harley in Mississippi

Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My 48 F-3 was also manufactured in Chester, PA, and my 49 F-1 came from Connecticut also...maybe they are brothers.