Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code Scanner Issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 PM
naleshniki
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Code Scanner Issues!!!

Greetings!
I've got a '89 F350 that was having idle issues (stalling); ended up being the fuel injectors; replaced them this weekend and now it purrs like a kitten. But along the way trying to pin down the problem, something else has happened. After having hooked up my OBD1 scanner successfully many times in the past (it never threw a code during the idle issues), now when I connect it, the indicator light (and beep tone) stay on constantly. This seems to have occurred after a mechanic buddy of mine connected his Ford pin-out box to the computer (didn't find any issues). After he had done that, there was no change in the way it ran, so it didn't crop up until a couple weeks later when I (out of desperation) hooked up the code scanner again. I thought maybe the computer finally died, so I replaced it; still does it with the new computer. The 'check engine light' is not on and will not come on even when I disconnect a sensor or two (CEL bulb is ok). PCM connector looks ok. Short somewhere?