General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Merry Christmas (and other Holiday greetings)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:53 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Merry Christmas (and other Holiday greetings)

Can you believe it? This year is almost gone already! It seems like the older I get, the faster the time flies. Well, I wanted to be among the first to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!

I would like to tell a quick Thangsgiving Day story to you, though...
My step-son, Stefan, has been in the navy for about a year and a half, most of that time has been in the nuclear progaram in South Carolina. He told his mother that he wasn't getting any time off this weekend, so she was a little disappointed. He called me about 2 weeks ago and said he was coming up for the weekend, but Mom doesn't know. I called our friends to let them know to add an extra plate to the table, but don't tell Sherry, Stefan is coming up for the weekend. Well, it all worked out, he got to our friends house about 10 minutes before we got there, hid his truck up the street, and as we pulled up to their house, my friend came flying by into the driveway. I noticed Stefan in the passenger seat , so I distracted my wife getting the stuff out of the back seat. Stefan snuck into the house and as we were saying hi to everyone, he came around the corner... classic surprise!! I wasn't sure of Sherry had caught on or not, but the look on her face told me that she didn't have a clue, even though I almost spilled the beans a time or 2.

It was a great day, we ate way too much and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Now on to the next phase of the holidays- Black Friday!! No thanks, I'll pass. (I don't like people that much to want to go through the pain of it.) So, here's to all my friends on FTE, hoping you all have the Merriest of Christmases, and are able to enjoy it in the manner that you wish. All of you are great folks (even the ones I disagree with)!

Feel free to share your Thanksgiving stories or your Christmas plans, if you'd like.

One more thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

This simply never gets old to me.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Awesome story

I love wizards of winter

Old 11-27-2009, 10:56 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
First of all Stu, that's a great story and thanks for sharing it with us. Secondly, I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It's been a great year all in all and here's hoping that the upcoming year will be equally great!

My Thanksgiving was rather uneventful. I worked the 7AM to 7PM shift. Luckily, the in-laws live here in town so I was able to go by and eat with the family yesterday. We went to my mom's today and had a great time there as well.

I'm with you on the Black Friday thing too. I stayed in bed and slept like a baby while Jamie, her sister, and her mom went out to take advantage of all the "great deals". Not my cup of tea. I deal with enough insanity daily as it is without subjecting myself to any more.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
hawk
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice story!

merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!

" are there any other holiday greetings"?

Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Originally Posted by hawk
" are there any other holiday greetings"?
Yes. Believe it or not, I was writing this on so as not to start any sort of Christian vs. pagan worship type arguments. Also, I wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving one more time, even though it was the previous day.