Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Farm Truck having finally home & a lil' sick?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Green_Monster
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Farm Truck having finally home & a lil' sick?

I finally got my farm truck home today. I will be fixing, fiddling, breaking smiling and crying for the next few months while I go through it ( Its got a title issue that is very easy to fix but will need 6-12 weeks to get done) Here are the goods and the bads. I have searched bought and sold other trucks along the way but I hope I finally got the right truck for the right price. This is my farm truck( as far a the wife is concerned but in reality its going to be my first build/restoration) Keeping the budget real and raking my time

Goods:
body little dings but solid
frame and suspension good shocks and stabilizer bushing probably needed
Interior no rips tears or destruction good cleaning needed here
brakes mint
motor strong but in need of bad tune up( see Bads)

Bads
tires shot 2 hiway coopers good but in new england they could be a death trap
Exhaust system 100% completely shot............. Y pipe cracked rest of exhaust almost none existent, manifolds seem ok but it seems a set of long tubes and cat back exhaust would be wise here. Not thrilled about messing with them but it would be only once
Coil is rotted and cap is arching...thinking about a DUI from performance distributors for this

just kind of rambling here advice is always welcome, pictures will be posted as I go hopefully if i can figure that out.

Last edited by Green_Monster; 11-22-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Volvo92906
Posting Guru
Start with a tune-up and go from there. What you described seems like normal wear and tear with a little neglect for TLC.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Green_Monster
Elder User
yeah I figure the tune up and the basic running/maintenance needs will come first ( as tehy should) the exhaust may just get a good manifold back set up. Its winter in New England and that would not be a fun outdoor winter project.

Looking at it again I will probably invest a several feet of vacum lines as well.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Green_Monster
Elder User
update on my farm truck

Ok the rain has stopped long enough to do some research on my rig. The manifolds and y pipe are good ( thought the y pipe was bad, I was wrong) the cat was already removed right after the 02 sensor by the previous owner. The dual thrush tubes with no tail pipe will be getting replaced with??? The ignition coil is rotted and cracked as well as the cap is fried. SoI started soaking the plugs and ordering my leaky PS line tomorrow. The rear diff cover is looking weak but the rear leaf hangers were replaced already as well as the fuel tank straps and the brake lines.

going to the CT RMV tomorrow to start the title straightening out ordeal......