Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

My latest project

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 02:23 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My latest project

When I bought this house, in 2000, there came with the deal, an indeterminable tractor, of ancient vintage, that just about managed to do the mowing for a year, then it died... I was considering scrapping it, until Sarah needed a project to keep her out of trouble, so we are going to restore the brute completely.. to it's 1961 condition and power..

The tractor is a 1961 Ford 601 Workmaster 641, with a 134ci gas engine rated at 35hp. If anyone has resource information on this particular Ford, please let me know. I would post on the main board, but do not know what forum to put it in.
Wm
'96 F450 White with Grey interior Crew Cab. Banks Turbo, Intercooler and Exhuast,
Power pack Chip, shift kit, Auxiliary transmission, electronic enhanced transmission control,
16 forward and 4 reverse ratios. 340hp 660ft lb 4 wheel drive, 4.10 gears, 12,ooo# winch

'61 Ford 601 Workmaster 641 Gas General Utility Tractor.

Old 02-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My latest project

Does it look pretty much like this?

http://www.clubfte.com/users/greywolf/60ford641.jpg

I have found many sites online that have a lot of info, also message boards and classifieds. The price spread on 641 Workmasters seems to be anywhere from $250 to $4,000 so far. I assume that has to do with quality of workmanship and original parts....

The site I went to (picking one on an educated guess) was
Code:
www.yesterdaystractors.com
I was thinking along the lines of re-working tractors as a sideline when I get out of the nav, and I have a standing request from my father in law to do a clutch on a machine he has had sitting out in a shed in Decaturville. Something I hope to get to before I even "Go Civilian"...

~ Best regards, the 'Wolfus'

PS: I would start with saving the sheet metal from rust
PPS: I think I'll tinker with the color scheme on it and see what happens. It looks sorta like a '32 Roadster in some ways...

Old 02-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My latest project