Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Anyone like to fish?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 03:38 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone like to fish?

I'm dying for some warm weather to start fishing in! Anybody here like to fish Oklahoma? What are some hot spots for Catfish & Crappie? Stay away from Skiatook Lake, it's down 5ft and I never catch anything from the shores out there. Anybody need a fishin' buddy? I'm searching for a boat buddy. I don't know when I'll be able to afford a flat bottom boat and motor...

Old 03-22-2002, 07:05 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone like to fish?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Talking

************Bumped to Top***********

I figured that I'd check with all the newer folks that have joined since this was sent out the first time.

Deja Vu, Skiatook is down again. But now it's close to 12 feet low.

And now I have a nice little 16 ft v bottom boat with 25hp motor.(1957 Arkansas Traveler boat, 1954 Johnson Seahorse motor, and 1958 TeeNee trailer.)

I'm ready for warmer weather and to go fishing. I dreamed about catching crappie last night.

So anybody here like to fish?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I still do!

BTW: What's with reviving all of these old threads??

Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Traxxis
I still do!

BTW: What's with reviving all of these old threads??

Oh, just walkin down memory lane. And since the same questions are still pertinent, i figured i'd save the space by not making duplicate threads. And there's been some new Oklahoma FTE members since these threads were originally posted.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:18 AM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Unhappy

DO I LIKE TO FISH????????

WELL DO BEARS ...................IN THE WOODS??
YEH I like to fish. We own a 24 ft. pontoon fish and lounge. It has 4 fishing chairs, live well, trolling motor, 215 hp outbord ect........ Problem with this scene is storing it and getting time to use it. The less we use it the longer it takes to get it ready to go out. I don't know the lakes around here for good spots. I use to fish south of here alot but those lakes and spots are so low now I don't think they would be very good now. Would love to start fishing again. I've got so much gear and tackle it's not funny. Alot of it has never been used. Let's talk about this some more. Right now I can't get home from Las Vegas. Tulsa closed the airport and Southwest won't send us off until it reopens. Maybe tomorrow they will send us some other route. If not I may be flying to Baton Rouge from Vegas if we don't get to Tulsa before Monday. I'm supose to be there Tues. morn for Tech conference for 3 days. Probably won't be back on here until we get home.....home........home........home., guess I got to stammering there. Have a good one. Call my cell if you want to get in touch with me.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:33 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ROUSH_STAGE3150
DO I LIKE TO FISH????????

WELL DO BEARS ...................IN THE WOODS??
YEH I like to fish. We own a 24 ft. pontoon fish and lounge. It has 4 fishing chairs, live well, trolling motor, 215 hp outbord ect........
I guess we now know where the next gtg will be

Old 01-15-2007, 06:09 PM
KitsKid
Senior User
Hey I like to fish too! Don't have a boat, but I got a good buddy that does. I like to fish Texohmy (that is Tex-OH-MY goodness did you see that Stripper that just jumped over there?......) caught my limit every day when I was over there in October. Boy, that was fun. Can't wait to go back.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Okcdiscgolfer
Cross-Country
I fish every weekend when it is not cold.
Did Catfish Tourneys last year but can't now because workload.

If you get down to central Ok. give me a PM and we can get together and wet a line.

Dave

Old 02-16-2007, 05:34 PM
chico71f100
New User
i like fishing in the winter best. no crowds, no thieves, no jet skiers.......and BIG blue catfish, just chompin' on my hook!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Good point on the less crowded winter fishing. I am dying for some panfish, and I"m gonna have to start checking out the Zink Dam in preperation for the spring Striper runs up the river. Anybody near Tulsa wanna go with me when I go during March/April? It'll be bank/bridge fishing. Easy access from the bank.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Optik
New User
I like to fish I guess I am lucky that I live like 3 miles from lake texoma Got a boat but its broken and i hate workin on it. I should just sell it and buy me a bunch of chairs for shore fishing

Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 PM
KitsKid
Senior User
I never been able to catch anything off the beach at Texhoma, where do you fish off the beach? I go behind the dam sometimes and catch some. I have better luck in a boat. Good luck, good fishing, and May God Bless.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Optik
New User
I fish off of buncombe creek area its south of kingston. I have lot better luck off the boat too when its not broke.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
My son and I checked out Oologah lake on Saturday. We bank fished and only caught a small bluegill. The water was still too cold. I checked out Skiatook on Sunday. It was 12+ feet down, still. ANd the water is warming up. Caught a nice healthy fat 12inch largemouth. I've got to get my boat ready. I'm dying to check out the north end of Oologah, near the Verdigris river.

Quick Reply: Anyone like to fish?