6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Whos going to order a 6.2L?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 PM
jeepman_79
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks I'm happy with it I think the paint has a life time warranty whatever that really means. They gave me 2 bottles of touch up paint they said came out of the gun that sprayed my cap. Its the nicest cap I've ever got it fits the truck very nice and I don't think it will leak like my 03 truck cap did. But like anything you get what you pay for.

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
jeepman that looks really great . whats the weight of one of those?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:00 AM
jeepman_79
Senior User
Wgt

You know that's one question I wanted to ask the dealer but forgot to, I wonder myself. It is constructed very well ,the roof is insulated also. The side windows crank out in a way that you could have them open when its raining opposed to the usual slider where the rain comes in you can open them by just reaching in the cap. Plus the optional slider unit tilts in so you can clean the outside of the cab window surface.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Noble1
New User
I recently took delivery of a 6.2; I traded in my 06 dually diesel. So far so good....I really like the truck so far. I haul a very heavy truck camper and it is handling the load well. My mph is about the same as my diesel; I hear the new diesel mpg is better. Features of the truck are a significant upgrade from my '06.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
jeepman_79
Senior User
Congrats on the new Ford !!

As a former owner as a 06 Diesel I am enjoying the non diesel 6.2 gas engine. My old truck really put me against the 6.0 engine I had so many problems. The new 6.7 sounds like a good motor though. But now no more expensive Oil changes, hoping the fuel doesn't gel , making sure I plug it in, & Oh No water in the fuel again.....
I haven't pulled my camper as of yet but next weekend were taking it out can't wait to see how it goes. My camper is 30' but very light weight so all should go well.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by jeepman_79
As a former owner as a 06 Diesel I am enjoying the non diesel 6.2 gas engine. My old truck really put me against the 6.0 engine I had so many problems. The new 6.7 sounds like a good motor though. But now no more expensive Oil changes, hoping the fuel doesn't gel , making sure I plug it in, & Oh No water in the fuel again.....
I haven't pulled my camper as of yet but next weekend were taking it out can't wait to see how it goes. My camper is 30' but very light weight so all should go well.

Be sure to post up some camping pics.... and give us a review..

Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM
250_Convert
New User
Just got a call from the dealer. My 6.2 order was received by the factory on 9/23 with a tentive arrival date of 10/18...can't wait!!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Mike in PA
Senior User
Congrats on the new truck Convert. Is that arrival at the dealership for you to take home?
The reason I ask is that I placed an order on Sept. 11th and when I called the salesman two weeks later,
he seemed bothered that I called, had no info for me.
For you, that's less than a month. Things must really be slow at FMC.
Best wishes on the new rig...

Mike in PA

Old 09-27-2010, 07:47 PM
88stang1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mike in PA
Congrats on the new truck Convert. Is that arrival at the dealership for you to take home?
The reason I ask is that I placed an order on Sept. 11th and when I called the salesman two weeks later,
he seemed bothered that I called, had no info for me.
For you, that's less than a month. Things must really be slow at FMC.
Best wishes on the new rig...

Mike in PA
Hey Mike I ordered mine Aug 20 and called last week and was told maybe will see it by the end of Oct. and that they where back-up.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
250_Convert
New User
That's to the dealer

According to the sales guy that's "to the dealer." I wonder if they are just feeding me a line...hmmm

Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
rekeenfan
New User
Mine came in two weeks early, so keep your fingers crossed! You are going to love it.......

Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Mike in PA
Senior User
Originally Posted by 88stang1
Hey Mike I ordered mine Aug 20 and called last week and was told maybe will see it by the end of Oct. and that they where back-up.
8-9 weeks seems more like it, 88stang1. 3-4 weeks seems too good to be true.
Good luck...
Mike in PA

Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Mike in PA
Senior User
Originally Posted by 250_Convert
According to the sales guy that's "to the dealer." I wonder if they are just feeding me a line...hmmm
Convert, no reason to doubt them, if they said 10/18 then OK. Keep us informed.

Mike in PA

Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Mike in PA
Senior User
Originally Posted by rekeenfan
Mine came in two weeks early, so keep your fingers crossed! You are going to love it.......
Rekeenfan, what was the total length of time that you waited?
They just took my order and money and said "we'll call ya"...
No big deal waiting, but it would be nice to have an idea of what's going on with the order.

Mike in PA

Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike in PA
Rekeenfan, what was the total length of time that you waited?
They just took my order and money and said "we'll call ya"...
No big deal waiting, but it would be nice to have an idea of what's going on with the order.

Mike in PA
Kind of surprised that they took money for the order. They don't need to unless you ordered something they can't sell otherwise.

Next steps (pulled these from another site but the information is accurate). Go back to the dealer and ask for a copy of the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) for your order number. The DORA shows exactly what Ford is building for you. It includes a bunch of codes so an Order Guide for your model may be required. You can get an order guide at
ProFleetSales.com - Professional Fleet Sales of Ford Cars, SUVs and Trucks!. The dealer should have this as well.

Go over the DORA closely to be sure that everything on the order is exactly what you ordered. If something is wrong, the dealer may still have time to process a change order transaction to fix the error before Ford locks the order.

While at the dealership, ask them to print out the order status page for your order number from the vehicle ordering system.

You can also show up every Friday afternoon and ask for a copy of the latest order status as most orders move from unscheduled to scheduled on Thursdays.

Quick Reply: Whos going to order a 6.2L?