Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Berge Ford

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 12:25 PM
magakeki
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berge Ford

Had my 1st contact with their insurance company today. I can tell it's gonna get nasty. I'll keep everyone informed! Anyone know a good lawyer in the Phoenix area. Hate to call one out of the phone book!

Old 10-23-2002, 06:46 PM
FXSTC
Senior User
Berge Ford

>Had my 1st contact with their insurance company today. I can
>tell it's gonna get nasty. I'll keep everyone informed!
>Anyone know a good lawyer in the Phoenix area. Hate to call
>one out of the phone book!

Here are the lawyers I use (Jay Allen and Dale Robinson- 480-964-1421) don't know if they do this sort of work but you can try them.

When on two wheels-
FXSTC
Mesa- AZ

2003, F-350, Lariat, V10, CC, LWB, Dark Shadow Grey, 6sp Manual, "get off your lazy *ss" FX4, 4.30, Camper Pkg, Sirius Satellite Radio, Borla cat-back, Granatelli MAF, K&N Gen II FIPK, et. al., ad infinitum, ad nauseum...

Old 10-23-2002, 09:31 PM
AZ4x4f150
Elder User
Berge Ford

I am sorry to hear of your truck getting stolen. But even with a security guard it can still happen I drive a tow truck and go down to 83rd Ave and Van buren to the Greater Phoenix Auto auction every week there are over 10 cars stolen from the transport lot and one of our 53 foot 4 car hauler trailers was stolen and there are people there 24 hrs a day and tons of security guards but cars and trucks just keep disappearing from there. You have to figure it this way if a thief wants something it is just a matter of time and they will take it.

Old 10-24-2002, 06:47 PM
norulz
Senior User
Berge Ford

did you try your insurance company? I'm kinda curious as to what they'll tell you & to what degree they'd be willing to help. If you find anything out from them let me know what company it is also please. Thx

Old 10-24-2002, 11:55 PM
magakeki
New User
Berge Ford

My insurance company said if I needed their assistance they would help - but I am trying to avoid the two of them working together. Even though my company should represent me I would rather try to handle it alone for now. I sent a direct letter to Berge and to the insurance company regarding the contact I had with the claims rep for the insurance company. Today she contacted me again and her attitude was much improved! I feel better about this but I'll hold judgement until it is resolved.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:03 PM
magakeki
New User
Berge Ford

Just thought I would give everyone an update. Still arguing over value. Wonder if Fixer is still on the board - if so have you heard anything around the shop?

Old 11-11-2002, 09:28 PM
fixer
New User
Berge Ford

>Just thought I would give everyone an update. Still arguing
>over value. Wonder if Fixer is still on the board - if so
>have you heard anything around the shop?

no i haven't heard anything.

we've hired two new lot attendants to check people in and out.

thats the only new development that i've seen or heard.

Old 11-11-2002, 11:03 PM
estigen
New User
Berge Ford

Who is this tech that works at Berge? I should know you, but it has guessing when there are some 55 of us there. The thing with the stolen trucks sucks and it was pure negligence. With the volume that we do everyday and the amount of vehicles in the shop, we knew it was going to happen. Besides, customers are not supposed to go beyond the service drive anyway. What I heard was that the first truck was stolen a week prior to the others. Two were taken in one day for the love of god. The problem with Berge is that we have too many different people going in and out. We have the body shop, used car, new car and then the service department. It would be hard enough to keep track of 55 techs, now throw into the mix an extra, say 50 people and it is very easy to lose track. The service department as a whole is getting better. We know people have heard horror stories of us, but with the new management, it is getting better. I hope this straightens thing out a little bit. Thanks

Old 11-12-2002, 08:42 AM
magakeki
New User
Berge Ford

I appreciate both of your inputs on this. It is frustrating for me as i am well aware it is for you. I have spoken with the Service Director and he has been very cordial etc. No one above him however has even taken the time to call me regarding this situation. you would think that just for public relations the GM there would make a phone call - but he hasn't. That demonstrates to me that he could give a s_ _ _! The insurance company has offered a fair value as far as the basic truck goes but they don't want to give me anything for the extras I had on the truck like tires & wheels, etc. They are trying to give me a depreciated value.

Old 11-22-2002, 09:20 AM
wabiker
Posting Guru
Berge Ford

Neww member here...saw your post and thought Id toss some inside insurance info your way...
My old lady is a senior claims rep for a big company...
1) Your insurance company is there to sevre YOU and fight for you, If your agent is not helping to your satisfaction, go to corp level, if you think your still getting the run around go to the insurance commissionor...insurance companys HATE when that happens...in some cases the agent will recommend that you go to the lawyers, this should raise a BIG GIGANTIC red flag...they do this so their profit/loss ratio looks good to corporate (think "quota")
2) Insurance companies could really care less if someone threatens to call a lawyer (theyve got good lawyers too)and in most cases youll actually get less money back because the lawyer gets his cut...think REAL hard before jumping on the band wagon...try the other options first.
3) And finally, the number one reason we as consumers dont get our money back from the insurance companies is...because...we dont buy the proper coverage or not enough coverage, make sure that YOU absolutly, positively beyond a shawdow of a doubt know EXACTly what your policy covers....actually if a person was REAlly careful, the time to get a lawyer is before they sign the policy...
As an example, I carry FULL coverage on both my bike and my 79 f250 up to 250,000 minimum coverage...liability, theft, uninsured, underinsured, towing etc etc etc....costs me about 85.00 a month here in AZ with state farm...
Hope this helps and sorry if I got to wordy...But I been there done that, all the hard way...good luck

Old 12-07-2002, 11:09 PM
blownbronco
Senior User
Berge Ford

Hey man what happened with your truck!!!

Old 12-12-2002, 05:31 PM
magakeki
New User
Berge Ford

It is just now being resolved. After 6 weeeks of arguing the insurance finally gave me a fair settlement. Now I am looking at either getting a new Super Duty (Diesel this time), or a used one. I can get a 2001 F350 XLT, 4X4, Powerstroke, Automatic with 19,700 miles for $30,000. Its very clean, and would be from a private party. The only thing is it doesn't have limited slip and has Captain's Chairs. THe captains chairs would be OK but I have 2 kids and would really rather have the extra seat. The dealer Berge has actually also said they would sell me a new one at invoice and since there is a $1500 rebate on top of that right now I am seriously looking at gong that route.

I'm open to opinions!

Old 12-13-2002, 12:37 AM
blownbronco
Senior User
Berge Ford

I would probably get the one from the dealer since this way you get a warranty!:-X12 HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-19-2002, 12:09 AM
magakeki
New User
Berge Ford

Thought I would let everyone know I got my new truck! It has been 2 long months but the wait is over! I have a 2003 F350, Crewcab. Powerstroke, Lariat 4X4 in the driveway. I have to admit I was a bit worried when this started and there were some tense times with the insurance company but it's all over now and I couldn't be happier. Berge stepped up to the plate also. Once I settled with their insurance company I went back to them and they agreed to sell me a new truck for invoice and I also got the $1500.00 rebate. They also provided me with a F150 Supercrew as a loaner for the entire time it took to get this resolved. And for anyone who might go there for service I am told they have now put a guard on the service drive so they have beefed up the security back there.

Now I just need to save up some money so I can start personalizing this truck!

Old 12-20-2002, 08:36 PM
cw50must
Senior User
Berge Ford

Glad to hear everythig worked out for you. Sounds like you got a nice truck out of the whole thing.

Quick Reply: Berge Ford