1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Back in the Game

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
41Clay
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the Game

Hello everyone!

It's been about 5 years since I last drifted around on the forum so most of you probably have no clue who I am which is great For those of you who remember me in the last 5 years I've finally graduated college last year, got married a few years ago, have a baby girl along the way in January, and have thought about growing up.

On the the truck. So a couple weeks ago I get a call from my mom saying that they got a move it or lose it notice. So our dead GM product (daily driver I lost the desire to repair 2 years ago) was hauled to the dump where it belongs and a the '52 was put in it's place as the driveway.

Since the last time I drove the truck, as the gallery shows, I have installed a IFS from a, '89 5th ave, and lost the 390 from forgetting to put anti freeze back in the block before going back to school I was given an '86 Marquis and stripped out the 5.0 and wiring harness for the '52. So what else is there to say? Darkside!

After 5 years of letting the truck sit I'm back with huge plans. In the last 2 weeks I channeled the cab 4-1/2" to fit the the running boards; My Sunday school leader restored a vintage South Bend lathe and not only machined my Galaxie shaft the fit perfectly with a telescoping odd ball shaped shaft from a '91 Cougar, but also told me about the electrolysis rust removal, which is awesome! I also tried to fit the 5.0 but had a to get a front sump pan.

So my plans for the truck is to keep it looking close to stock but of course be low. Thought about chopping, but decided not to. I got some cheap all electric gauges, shiny swan neck mirrors, the 5.0 w/AOD which will also bring in power steering, cruise, and perhaps what my wife wants, an A/C. I don't want the A/C to detract from the vintage flavor so for all I care I could just put the evaporator behind the radio grill with a fan but if your gonna have the a/c you might as well have all bells and whistles. I also want a bench seat. I love the seats in there now, but I want the look and convenience of a bench now. The paint os going to be done right with dark teal. Luckily I stocked up before meeting my sweet heart so I have an arsenal of things I don't need to purchase.

Anyways, it's good to be back!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome back.

Your truck sounds like it's in about the same shape as most of ours despite the fact that we have been "working" on them all this time!