S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Daylight Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM
BigGeo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daylight Running Lights

Just had a Ravelco Security System Installed and part of the process is to disconnect both batteries during the install. Everything seemed to be back to normal after the installation until I drove the truck after dark. The truck started the way it should except the dash was dark. It did light up when I put the headlight switch in the on position as well as the headlights. This morning after starting the truck I put the headlight switch all the way to the left and got out to see if the headlights were on which they were not. Tried to reset according to the owners manual 4 on 3 off a slight pause and then turn off again. Didn't work.
The installers of the security system said it is car shut off problem not associated with the security system and needed to be reset since the batteries were disconnected for over an hour.
Was I following the correct procedure from the owners manual? Shouldn't the lights come on when the truck is started with the headlight switch in the auto position (**** all to the left)?
We have a bunch of daylight driving sections with a $200 dollar fine if not on when between the signs and that is why I want the automatic function to work.
Any advice will be welcomed.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Not sure I understand George. But if it is daylight, no your headlights will not come on when you start the truck, nor will your parking/running lamps. We do not have daytime running lights in the USA.

The procedure in the manual is to change how long the headlights stay on, after you turn off the engine, and only at night. I think the default is 20 seconds. I have mine adjusted to 45 seconds.