S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

leveling kit question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:16 AM
socalpsdowner08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling kit question

Got rid of the f250 got and f150. Dont want a lift. just want it to stand a little taller. So looking at the ready lift, rough country and daystar kits. Ready lift is the most expensive at 250. The rough country kit is 99. and the daystar is about 100 something from what I can find. 4 wheel parts said they can install the ready lift kit with military discount and all there little shop fees and the alignment for 500. Basicly what Im asking is the ready lift kit worth the money or is the cheap rough country kit just as good.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM
T8R
Laughing Gas
Do you have a parts list for each of the kits? That should be a pretty good indication. See what they use for spacers, fasteners, what materials parts are made from, etc. You might even e-mail each of the companies to see if they'll send you any extra literature directly.

You might also try in one of the 150 specific threads to get opinions from guys who have already had them installed. Searching for the lifts in the search field should offer quite a bit of info - although it'll likely be more reading to get to the useful bits.

Check the parts lists for each of the kits you're interested first though. Sometimes just how the company responds to an info request can tell you a lot about them.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
socalpsdowner08
Senior User
yea man thx. After i posted this i did research it. found out that procomp get there kits from ready lift. rough counrty you have to compress the coil to put them on. So it got narrowed down to a kit that just goes on top of the strut. So was looking at daystar but im just not really into the ployutheren they make there kits out of. Then went to ebay found a kit just like ready lift forged steel kit on ebay from a company called auto spring. for 72 bucks with free shipping. Did a little search on here and on another ford froum not one complaint all good things so gonna go with that put it on my self. now just gotta figure out either 2.5 or 2 inch level, then once i save up the money or find some good used 35x12.5x20. ill be done. until i have the 7k for the 8inch rize kit.