Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

qauge lights

Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
GEugeneS
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
qauge lights

I installed my Isspro gauges last week and they work fine except no illumination. The instructions said to attach the lights to the gauge illumination source behind a 6-wire quick disconnect which is to the right of the fuse panel, chosing choosing the light blue and pink or yellow trace wire. There was no such colored wire but in the exact position they showed there was a light blue wire with a black trace. It doesn't work.

Normally I would dig around with my volt/ohmeter but they also said that test equipment may set off the air bags. Now I am paranoid to go searching for a good source of illumination. Any suggestions?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
splice into the running lights wire in the headlight switch.. thas what i did atleast

Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEugeneS
I installed my Isspro gauges last week and they work fine except no illumination. The instructions said to attach the lights to the gauge illumination source behind a 6-wire quick disconnect which is to the right of the fuse panel, chosing choosing the light blue and pink or yellow trace wire. There was no such colored wire but in the exact position they showed there was a light blue wire with a black trace. It doesn't work.

Normally I would dig around with my volt/ohmeter but they also said that test equipment may set off the air bags. Now I am paranoid to go searching for a good source of illumination. Any suggestions?
It is there.. just pop out the headlight/dimmer switch in the dash. You will see it hooked up to the dimmer switch.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
GEugeneS
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Layson
It is there.. just pop out the headlight/dimmer switch in the dash. You will see it hooked up to the dimmer switch.
Yep, there the little sucker was, light blue, pink trace. A little extra wire to the gauges (under dash mount) and I'm up and running. Thanks!

Search this Thread