1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

propane conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
89ford73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
propane conversion

i have a 65 f100 that i am going to put a 352 v-8 in the truck and i want to do a propane conversion. possibly a kit where i can run propane or gasoline. does anyone know where i can find a kit that will allow me to do that. i just have no contacts with people who would know. and i don't know much about it. and i was seeing if some of ya'll could help me out

Old 09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
59INA40
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to be any help in regards to where to find the parts but I can give you some moral support in favor of the conversion. Years ago I was the maintenance manager for a corporate farm in the north Willamette Valley and I was involved in a pilot program to convert a couple of Ford pickups and two 1 1/2 ton flat beds to propane. the results were impressive as far as how clean burning propane is. We would change the oil at 3,000 miles and the oil looked like we had just put it in the engine. Aside from an occasional whiff of propane and the tank in the bed, the only real complaint we received from the drivers was that they were pokey when it came to acceleration. On the plus side, we never had to pay for a speeding ticket during the two years I was with the program. Steve

Old 09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Google is your friend! Try here: http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...its+for+trucks

We also have an alt fuel forum on FTE as well: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum146/

The duel fuel systems (gasoline and propane) cost more and are not quite as simple as Propane. I've worked on both and prefer Propane only.