Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Just repaired my HPOP first time

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
bc2sv
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just repaired my HPOP first time

Friday I discovered the dreaded oil leak from my 2001 F250, had no idea what it was but from studying the forums and the increadible info from so many good people here I was able (hopefully) to avoid a $1500 repair. The blown seal was from the "non servisable" port as my luck would have it(of course!). From looking at the forum threads and doing a lot of research I discovered Bob (Guzzle) at Dieselorings.com. He was way more than helpful and probably spent the better part of a day trying to get my o-rings to me next day UPS for his o-ring kit, less than $12.00.. amazing in todays world. Well my o-rings showed up at 12:00 today, I installed them, and I'm waiting 'til tomorrow so the locktite sets up to see if I saved $1490. Did a couple DA things, so I'd be happy to let he less informed know what and how I got this done. Thanks again Guzzle.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Great site!!! It has saved me some cash... but also cost me alot more too.. LOL

Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE.

Let us know how this turns out. You did a good job at searching.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:29 AM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Welcome, make sure you let us know if you were successful!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 AM
bc2sv
Senior User
I just tried starting my truck. First try unsuccessful. Looked around... oil in the valley, thought all was for nothing.. but wait, one of the oil lines wasn't seated and had come out of the quick connect!! Re-connected (and cleaned up the mess!) Second try and she fired right up! Took it for a short test and saw some drips. Again thought all for nothing but checked it out and what I have now is a fuel leak, not an oil leak. I have a steady drip at the drain connection rubber compression below the yellow lever at the rear of the fuel bowl. Can anyone tell me the fix for this and the function of the yellow lever? This rubber hose was rather difficult to get to slip over the plastic nipple, I hope I didn't break it during installation. I'm sooo close to a fix for this problem!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Layson
Posting Guru
That yellow lever is the drain for the fuel bowl. Are you sure it is all the way closed? If it isn't... then I think there should just be an Oring you need to replace....

Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you need to replace the drain valve o-rings Guzzle has what you need again. LINK There is also downloadable instuctions on that page.

Edit : Pay the extra few bucks and get the mil spec o-rings. LINK

Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Your fuel leak sounds just like the one I had. Mine was the fuel bown drain valve o-rings. There are two of them in there. They are 1/2" in diamater with 1/8" thickness (leaving 1/4" opening). They are size -202. Bob can hook you up. My leak was pretty bad (leaking down the side of the block all over my axle, steering and stabilizer and ended up getting some Nitrile o-rings at a local dealer. I have my Viton ones standing by in the garage for when I tackly my HPOP leak (pretty sure it's at least the non-serviceable plug, figures). It's not that hard to change them out. It is just a PITA to get to the bolts that hold the valve on (4 torx head bolts). Just make sure you get all the old o-ring out (they are yellow if you still have the original ones in there).

What DA things did you do? I'll be tackling the same job in a couple of weeks.