1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford GT Motor in F-250 F-350

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
ken kenmnedy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH I AM WATCHIN THIS.... really interested in this one ..... the dry sump will be no problem to put under the hood of a super duty... you need this fords move a lot of oil at high rpm that 3gal. of oil will be needed at speed and yes you will need the ecm for the gt motor and the fule pump from the mustang gt500 keep me up dated even if you give up (so i can stop thinking of this)

Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stillen GLE
I see what you guys are saying, but I said i won't be getting a Crew Cab or Super Cab, I am getting a Single Cab short bed 5.4L V8 F250, it won't way much then. now If I was talking about a CC or a Super cab then yea I could definitely see your point, if i went the route I was explaining before it be no different then a Lightning.
I suspect that you view the Ford GT as a symbol of speed and performance, and therefore if you have the GT engine then you will have speed and performance. You've got to look at the whole package. There is a huge gap between what you expect out of this vehicle/engine combo and what you will really get. Any Duramax with a basic tune and exhaust is going to hand you your butt. There's nothing special about that.

What kind of 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile times are you shooting for? Is the Lightning your benchmark for performance? If you answer some of our questions then we can help you define what kind of setup you would need to get there. Most likely it is going to come down to turbocharging a stock V10 or playing with a diesel.

By the way, you probably won't ever get a short bed standard cab. Does that stop the whole idea right there?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 PM
TxFireman1972
Tuned
Cant believe nobody has even posted a GT pic yet. lol

Old 08-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Stillen GLE
Freshman User
Originally Posted by QwkTrip
I suspect that you view the Ford GT as a symbol of speed and performance, and therefore if you have the GT engine then you will have speed and performance. You've got to look at the whole package. There is a huge gap between what you expect out of this vehicle/engine combo and what you will really get. Any Duramax with a basic tune and exhaust is going to hand you your butt. There's nothing special about that.

What kind of 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile times are you shooting for? Is the Lightning your benchmark for performance? If you answer some of our questions then we can help you define what kind of setup you would need to get there. Most likely it is going to come down to turbocharging a stock V10 or playing with a diesel.

By the way, you probably won't ever get a short bed standard cab. Does that stop the whole idea right there?
We"ll I would use a standard cab, not sure about the bed, that's what I am shooting for. I wanna be in the 10-11's maybe even 12's thats more logical at this point.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
2002 F350V10
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prior to KARKRAFT going out of business, they could sell you a new ford gt engine for only $44,500 as referenced to with this link.
http://web.archive.org/web/200511251...om/engines.htm
I think you could find alternatives for the money.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
For that coin you could buy a 6.4 2009 truck get a tuner run some nos and paint it pink...... And run a heck of a lot faster than a 12

Old 08-29-2009, 02:36 AM
ford7379trucks
Senior User
by the time you are done youll have $100,000 into the truck. It will be faster but not fast. and no one will notice what you have done. Dry sump motors are for race cars. not street cars. there put in street cars like corvettes for marketing. theres no advantage on the stock car there on. i know fuel milage isnt a concern but plan on 3mpg. you would be better off with a tuned diesel.
Your looking for something differant. put a big block in it. 427 or a 429. but still a tuned diesel will smoke ya.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Stillen GLE
Freshman User
I am not worried about what would smoke me or not, I am just trying to be unique, If I could fine a 5.4L standard cab, then Ill be lucky. I don't believe Ill have alot of money into this truck, the motor is only 15-20G at most, not a whole lot of money but still is in a way.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 AM
ford7379trucks
Senior User
then you got the gt computer and wire harnice because most likely the 5.4 sd stuff wont work. then the custom fab work. to make it all fit (dry sump). then a custom tune because the trany wont work with the gt computer. a custum harnice for the dash because none of your gauges are going to work.
I dont mean to burst your bubble but do you realy have $20,000 to spend on a truck just to be differant? your going to get the same reaction on the street as you get here. Why? its going to cost more then $20,000 to do it all. and in the end your still going to have a truck thats cost more and is less then whats avalible stock. that 500hp to the rear of a gt. a gt has a transaxle to the rear wheels. after going thru the sd's drivetrain your looking at less then 400hp. but you dont care about the power out put you just want to be differant. Then why put a $20,000 gt motor in your truck. any non stock motor in a superduty would be differant. well other then a cummings. there cheaper more sensable engines you could put in there. I dont want to sound like a ahole and i know this is not what you want to hear but lots of people try to do stuff like this and unless you have boatloads of money to burn it always ends up with being broke and scraping the truck for rent. you mite get all this done then after you have it you will realize that you gained nothing and lost so much doing it. you will practicly give the truck away because you will no longer enjoy it. You will relize you could have done so much more with the money. You could have bought that better house or you could have bought that nice motorcycle. man i wish i hadnt spent that money on this stupid truck I could have given my kids more. Im not even going to spell check this.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 AM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
We"ll I would use a standard cab, not sure about the bed, that's what I am shooting for. I wanna be in the 10-11's maybe even 12's thats more logical at this point.
You won't get into the 10's with a F250.

11's are reserved for the best of the best. You'll need more experience to get there. Not a beginner's project, which is what you are.

12's would be possible with a diesel but you will need 4WD to get a quick enough launch to make the time. Trucks are so heavy that they have to make very quick time in the first 1/8 mile to turn a decent 1/4 mile time slip. But that's great for the street where 0-70 mph time usually rules. I've never built a diesel for drag racing but I would guess you should expect to lay out in the neighborhood of $10K - $15K cash just for drivetrain modifications, depending on whether or not you can do the work on your own. Somebody else on this site will have a better idea of the money needed. Unfortunately, your liking for Ford products is a penalty since the Powerstroke is last place behind the Cummins and Duramax when it comes to performance.

If you want a gas engine then 13's or 14's is about the best you should realistically aim for because the truck is so heavy, and at your experience level you should stay with crate engines. It would be every bit as expensive as the diesel project and probably more. The wild card in all this is turbocharging a large displacement engine such as the V10. It could be a real monster but would require fabrication skills for the exhaust, tuning skills, and electrical & electronics skills. Basically, you'd be on your own for a project like that.

Hot rodding is expensive. The layout of cash is huge. There are really only 3 types in the hobby: (1) Young and irresponsible with money; (2) Old and wealthy; and (3) Blood-sweat-and-tears guys that pick up junk and work their fingers to the bone to restore something and hope to break even or turn a few bucks so they can afford to do the next project. And all three types have woman problems. I'm talking to you as if you're an average middle class person. Do you have an exceptional amount of money to play with? Because if you do we can all start thinking a different way and come up with some cool ideas.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If I could fine a 5.4L standard cab, then Ill be lucky.
Don't know where you're located but my local dealer has two sitting on the lot.

http://millernet.homenetinc.com/vill...9T043#tippytop

http://millernet.homenetinc.com/vill...9T064#tippytop

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Do you have an exceptional amount of money to play with? Because if you do we can all start thinking a different way and come up with some cool ideas.
I assumed if the guys asking about such a thing in the first place he must have some deep pockets. Saying that a 20K engine is not expensive confirms it for me. But you're talking to a guy whom has three vehicles that combined probably aren't worth 20K so my prospective is slightly skewed.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:29 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
Well if you want to make it scream and spend around 5500.00 on an engine there's 2 motors that are crate engines that will do the job:

Tuff Dawg sells a 331 stroker with 425 horsepower around 4800.00

SBF sells a 408 Stroker with a whopping 500 horsepower for 5500.00

Add a turbo to either engine and get another 125 or so horsepower. Give either a shot of N.0. and you are gone!

The only way to get this kind of power to the ground is to use the Ford 9" rear end. Of course this is after you "tub" the truck to use 12" slicks. Transmission C6 postive shift kit, make sure you wrap the transmission in KELVAIR because they are known to explode. Drive shaft use 3 or 4 straps in case it gets twisted into.

This should get you in the upper 10's.

So the bottom line, you can "get the go" on a budget if you mix and match and do the work yourself.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Monster-4
I assumed if the guys asking about such a thing in the first place he must have some deep pockets.
I'm not assuming that. I see dreamers all the time on the internet that talk big. The combination of willing to spend a ton of money and being absolutely clueless is usually a sign of somebody wasting everybody's time.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I love all the naysayers on here. It is obvious there are a few arm chair speculators. I'd say do it if you want to.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Stillen GLE
Freshman User
I am not looking for a brand new truck something like this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...=p4506.c0.m245. on a side I spoke to a GT tuner he said he can bypass the transmission sensors etc, so I can still use a Automatic transmission Ill just have to put a beefer one in.

If I decided to not go with a dry-sump engine I could get the WS block that Ford Racing makes its only 3-4G, Ill probably do most of the work myself. I am either gonna top it off with either a Whipple 3.4L or a Kenne Bell Mammoth not sure yet.

Quick Reply: Ford GT Motor in F-250 F-350