Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbles, Squeeks, its all too annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumbles, Squeeks, its all too annoying!

Okay, gotta vent. I been noticing that I have been getting this awful squealing coming from the passenger front tire. At first it sounded like a baseball card in a bicycle tire. I could hear it reflecting off of cars as I drove. I jacked up the right side of the truck to spin the tire, sure enough I was able to mimmick the sound. I also noticed the u joint (may be incorrect here), the thing that spins when you lock the hub, was moving as well. I realized that the manual hub was not functioning properly. It did not click in nor out, it just remained attached regardless. So I attempted to dismantle the hub, and got it to the point where as long as I didn't put the spring back in or any of the plastic *****, and just the metal cap, the u joint didn't spin with the axle and didn't make the noise any more. What is worn here.? Also on hard turns, there's an awful rumble in the front axle? Am I looking at bad CV shafts, wheel bearings or something? It all came out of no where too, no signs of it coming. I just trying to get an idea what it might be

BTW, its a 1995 F350