What Are You Doing To Your Truck? - Page 125 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

What Are You Doing To Your Truck?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
That’s the reason for the felt-type washers under the clamps Pop? I can see some on Bills pic. I recall those being impregnated with some sort of Gunk chemistry.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:30 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Thatís the reason for the felt-type washers under the clamps Pop? I can see some on Bills pic. I recall those being impregnated with some sort of Gunk chemistry.
And notice in the first pic, the corroded terminal did not have the felt washer. Are they the perfect solution? I don't think so, but they can't hurt.

I like using the washers, and Autozone pushes them hard with every battery sale, along with an overpriced packet of the grease.

NCP2 makes the washers impregnated with the same NOCO. I didn't buy them because they were not color coded.
Amazon Amazon

I bought these instead, because they were a twin pack, and I like the black color for ground better than the green.
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-10-2018, 04:34 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
These are the military style clamps I mentioned.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:06 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...s-angeles.html

In case someone can assist Chris.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.
Those clamps are all I use these days also.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:16 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.turbohunter has a spectacular reputation.
Finally replaced the tensioners and belts on the 350 yesterday. It's not a hard job but it is tight, even after removing the top of the shroud. My arms barely fit down in there. Having the right extensions for ratchet drives is important. Lots of up and down above and below the engine to align belts. Tensioners are a breeze. I had to rebuild the fan drive connector that I pulled the wires out of because it provoked me. It shouldn't have been stuck but of course it was. And that took the most time of anything. Overall I kept a relaxed attitude which I'm finding is more and more essential to doing good work. Didn't have that trait when younger.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:18 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Well done Marc, I'm still learning that trait...

Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
I've had to learn it even though I'm still trying to perfect it
Most of the time I just get pissed at things my body won't do anymore, like see small things. I always seem to be dropping parts/nuts/bolts so I'm being forced to learn patience.
Its difficult.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Ever try to catch a fly with chopsticks, Grasshopper?

Pop