Notices

extreme customization

Old 05-28-2002, 10:47 PM
airforcekicker
New User
airforcekicker is starting off with a positive reputation.
extreme customization

I need some major help/opinions on a 1990 f 150. I want to make this truck the baddest f150 around. I have the money to do just about any thing to it so i just want some opinions on what i should do. Ex. paint, interior, under hood etc.... I want this truck to make it to a magizine cover so if any one wants to help please let me know.

Old 05-29-2002, 06:33 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Yeti is starting off with a positive reputation.
extreme customization

Magazine cover eh?..?

Well drop your truck off at my shop with ..lets say $75,000 and I'll get it on a magizine cover for ya.

Custom jobs are the ideas of the people that own them, thats what makes them original. Look around see what you like and come up with your own ideas.

And be prepared to drop about $30,000 to $100,000k ,depending on how much of the work you will farm out.

Old 05-29-2002, 09:41 PM
1-ton
Junior User
1-ton is starting off with a positive reputation.
extreme customization

Is it a 2 or 4 wheel drive? long bed ,short bed? extra cab,regular cab? what engine?

Old 05-30-2002, 08:32 AM
Carlene
Admom
Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
extreme customization

Interior - I like the look of stainless racing seats with the full harness setup, custom seat covers done in rough leather, harness covered in brightest color used sparingly throughout truck interior & exterior. Seamless headliner with simple design cut into or layered on the foam to keep it clean looking.

Exterior - I personally like the looks of the early 90's style Ford body's and as long as it still looks like a Ford when you're done, anything's OK. The guy's will have to help you here.

Carlene

Old 05-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Carlene
Admom
Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
extreme customization

Almost forgot - I think you need to create your user gallery and post pictures of the progress (before/during/after).

It would be fun for all to see their ideas come together in one truck.

Carlene

Old 05-31-2002, 05:59 AM
zukezake
Senior User
zukezake is starting off with a positive reputation.
extreme customization

>I need some major help/opinions on a 1990 f 150. I want to
>make this truck the baddest f150 around. I have the money
>to do just about any thing to it so i just want some
>opinions on what i should do. Ex. paint, interior, under
>hood etc.... I want this truck to make it to a magizine
>cover so if any one wants to help please let me know.

I know I was a 1966 ford f-250 black beauty as the title sugested that could be considered an extreem customation.

We're talking the center mounted telivision, analog cellular phone, completely digital instrument cluster, replacement grill (which I personaly thought was a bad touch)... CB, CD-radio, full diamond cap for the bed plus chrome bars (which personaly I think think they were ment to look good together), ugly maroon carpet, bucket seats, espresso maker (ok, +5 points for the design -10 points for taking heat from the coolent).. bla bla bla

I think it possibly did get on a fer mag covers, I think it won a few awards. I have to admit, I did appricate the truck's additions, though a touch mondo for my taste, looked very professionaly mounted. Some excelent work as far as intragrating some very forien stuff and making it fit inside the cab, though I think you would stuff you knees.

Extreem paint jobs, aka garish.

There is a leaf green for the late 1990's dodge neon that would stand out.
There is that tacky tacky stone paint
There is super thick layer of white enamal dusted with just a touch of primer so when the primer dries, the enamal drying below cracks it to give it an interesting effect. I'd like to see someone do that with a vehicel.

Super mega extreme (extra garush)
There is a technique with a ball ping(sp) hammer that creates a scale like effect, that i've seen done once on a vehicel. The result was dashing if not a bit too much. many many points for the a level of body work the tedium of which likely would make needle point look fun.

Super mega impractical...
Sound system based of a simple amp and a linux box for mp3s, with a detachable 3.5 inch drive with a simple fat parition, or better yet go solid state with smart memory or memory stick. And ofcorse CD-rom for that old legacy 20th century technology with moving parts, ack. Serial port output terminal based key entry, ansi color lcd... Nothing to fancy, just a 12*4 line display to say what's playing. Or heck, go full blown with two way satalite with auto tracking, wireless eithernet, with NAT based routing and dhcp. To save on the loss costs, have a lcd display and utilize VNC under the linbox to access your desktop over the twoway satalite, and onboard samba networking to support those windows fileshares while on the road. That way, your laptop can connect via your truck either with wireless or tandard 100baseT ethernet. Ok, the concept started out as just a low cost cosmetly apealing low foot print mp3 player so you don't get your cd's lifted, but hey, add a display, gps support, and VNC from from the road so you can display applications from your home pc, and you've got something. Though, to do it really right, you'd pretty much have to design a good power supply, unless you want to just be lazy and go with an inverter for example from like an old APC battry backup, which probally would give you the lowest footprint per the watt, but then the 2nd law of thermodynamics comes into play.

Old 06-03-2002, 08:30 AM
daviking69
New User
daviking69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
extreme customization

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.