Notices

Sterling Ovals - NEED HELP !!!

Old 08-16-2002, 07:44 AM
JoeBoost
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a few Ford trucks running around with the "S" Sterling oval in place of the ford oval. I think this looks really cool/custom and would like to get a set for my 2002 Excursion - but i am having no luck. I called a sterling dealer - and they had no clue which ones would fit. I am sure SOMEONE on this site has them on their truck. All i need is a part number , and a place where i can order them from.
Please email me any info you might have at Joe_Caccavella@DSTOUTPUT.COM

Thanks ,

Old 08-18-2002, 07:03 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was what I was going to tell you-check with a local Sterling truck parts department.The only other place I can think of is www.fordpartsonline.com ,but I doubt they'd have Sterling grille ovals.What I would do is measure both the Ford oval in your truck's grille, and then go back to that Sterling dealer and ask to measure one of the Sterling ovals.My guess is it will be a bit larger than the O.E.M. Ford oval,so you might have to trim,or shave it some to get it to fit into your grille.Good luck.

Old 08-18-2002, 09:58 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sitting in a newer Ford Aero 9000 (tractor) is almost the same as sitting in an Excursion the way it is designed. I would not be surprised if the emblem is an exact fit.

What I would do if I was you would go and look at the Sterling of your choice (use to be L9000 series etc.) and measure a 2000-2001. On the dump trucks I have seen, it looks like they just deleted the blue oval and made a big S instead. If you can, open the door and get the VIN number and maybe any other information. Then hit the parts counter.

Really, don't bother calling. They do not want to deal with an "emblem" call, they are there to sell real parts like starters. Calling a truck parts counter about a decal you know nothing about is just being a pain in the neck yuppie (in their view - not meant as an insult to you personally).

Old 08-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Search this Thread