Notices

The Born Loser (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 01:15 AM
jagabom
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
The Born Loser (LONG)

I figure this is the best place to put this as the appearance is all changed now. I was in at the coffee shop which is about 50 feet from a construction area. It was quite windy here today. I don't think it was vandalism but just bad luck. When I got into my truck and backed up, I heard a bang and smelled fumes. When I got out to look, I seen the passenger side wheel was all black and the whole rear quarter panel was spotted black with paint. I quess the construction threw an almost empty can of paint on the ground. It rolled right under my passenger side rear tire and I ran over it and it blew up. My red truck is now spotted black and the wheel is all black. The paint comes off with varsol and the origional paint seems OK. I was thinking of using tar remover as this is designed for automotive paint and shouldn't hurt. The wheels are polished alluminum. When I hold the carwash pressure sprayer about 2 inches from the wheel, the black paint peels off. I will keep you informed of the progress.

Jim
CYWG

Old 09-28-2002, 08:34 PM
jagabom
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
The Born Loser (LONG)

Well, I finally go the paint off of the quarter panel. The clearcoat
is scuffed but hopefully as time goes on, the scuffs will disappear.
I used Varsol and it worked. The scuffs came from rubbing the paint with a cloth on the end of a piece of wood. That was to help remove
the paint. Life goes on.

Jim
CYWG

Old 10-03-2002, 02:01 PM
fordtruckin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Born Loser (LONG)

dude.....that SUCKS. I'm sorry. For the scuffs, maybe alot of buffing and a good wax job.

Old 10-04-2002, 07:13 AM
laptopgeek
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Born Loser (LONG)