1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

A little bit more progress...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM
ozstang65
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little bit more progress...

Hi all, I've found a bit of time recently to do a bit more work on the truck. I had to rush it back into service late last year when we had to use it to move house and it's been driven since then without most of the interior. There's still a lot more to do unitl it's 'finished' (is any car ever 'finished'?) but we're getting closer.

The last bit of work focused on the interior, mainly finishing the door trims and the centre console. Carrying on with the theme I started with on the dash top I have extensively used the speaker box carpet throughout. Mainly because I am not an auto trimmer and it is super easy to work with and will hide just about anything!

The seats are out of a very recent Mitsubishi Colt and are by far the most comfortable seats I have ever found. The wreck I got them out of had 1000 k's on the clock so they were practically brand new. In fact, the seats were the cause of the whole rebuild in the first place because I had to weld the new brackets to the floor. To do this, I had to take out the carpet and underlining, then you know, one thing leads to another and next you know the car's in a million pieces....

Anywho, here's some pics:

Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 AM
ozstang65
Senior User
And some more:

Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*falls off chair*

"A little bit more progress"? LOL

Absolutely outstanding work! I clicked this topic expecting a modest truck with a few upgrades, but I get here to find, pretty much, a show truck...

I must say, this is an exceptional vehicle. The fit and finish is perfect, and all the little custom touches are awesome.

Two questions though:

1. What's under the hood?
2. Where'd you find that front bumper?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
newrider3
Elder User
Damn. That is a great looking interior. Took me a bit to notice the right hand steer though haha.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 PM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
Yea, that took me by surprise too, lol.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 AM
ozstang65
Senior User
Originally Posted by TheKirbyMan
Two questions though:

1. What's under the hood?
2. Where'd you find that front bumper?
Hi TKM, thanks for the compliments. I plan on it being my daily driver by the end of the year so I'd like it to have as much 'new car' feel as I can!

As winter recently took hold I had a problem with cold air blasting in through the footwell vent which is basically just a hole in the bulkhead. I had all the interior trim pieces, but hadn't bothered to put them back in until now. Summer here, without aircon, you want as much air blasting through the cab as possible! So, as well as cleaning/painting and refitting all of the interior trim panels, I took the time to make the lower door panels and the centre console also. Pretty much ran me out of brownie points with the other half also so I've gotta spend some time on the house for a few weeks...

It's powered by a (factory) 351C coupled to a C6. The auto needs a bit of work at the moment to fix a slipping reverse and a slow 2-3 change (same cause for both problems I've been told)

The bullbar was made by a local 4x4 aftermarket company, TJM a long time ago. It was on the car when I bought it and it made a great place to anchor the spotlights so I left it there. It's alloy so probably not much heavier than the original anyway.

There's a huge list of things still to do, but once again it's in a usable state so I can't see me spending too much time on it in the near future, at least until summer really kicks in and I'm wanting for air conditioning again...

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
girlwithatruck
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that looks GREAT! how did you do the lower door panels? Did you fab those from scratch? I so wanna do that now! i freakin love it! Are they screwed into the metal?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
FordNFishinLover
Posting Guru
Opened this up several times now and i love it every time!

What em said about the bottom door panels! They are sweet, and very handy im sure. Also i saw that you simply screwed the actual door panel right into the door. I think im going to be doing that in the soon future!! I freakin HATE those stupid plastic tree things on back that you gotta get lined up and push and and pull out ect... Such a pain.