1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Fuel Filter Bowl Delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Filter Bowl Delete

I was reading and I am inrested in puttin a fuel system like a AirDog or FASS fuel system on. Where its pump, air, and water filter. So I assume I can delete the bowl (I know you can) how do I do that? Would it be simple or would it be long and hard? Plus, I know there is that pump up under the turbo, would I still need it? And how would you go about making it where you can still have daul tanks with that out of tank pump.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
aftermarket regulated return fuel systems like my CPR comes with a block off plug so you can take out the factory fuel pump in the engine valley and put in the plug so u delete that. it also comes with a pump you mount on the frame rail and 2 fuel filters and a fuel cooler that you mount on the frame rail with the pump. in this case you delete the factory bowl in the valley of the engine. you do this by putting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the top of the HPOP res. and rerouting the fuel lines accordingly. the regulated return systems come with the regulator, pump, filters, lines, fittings, etc. everything you need to install would come with the kit with full instructions on installing it.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the system from Beans. I love it and was a very easy install.

http://www.beansdieselperformance.co...m/prod_34.html