6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Our New Custom Push Bar/Light Bar/Trash Can Rammer/Deer Slayer

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our New Custom Push Bar/Light Bar/Trash Can Rammer/Deer Slayer

So I thought I would share our new Northstar Trash Can Rammer, we built this prototype this afternoon for one of our F450's. It is a milder look compared to some of the other stuff we have played with, more for the older guys and the work truck guys. We still need to clean up the welds and it goes in Monday for Powder Coating.

It came out really stout, it should take down a deer without too much damage, or a trashcan, although if its a metal one it will stamp my company logo in it. Anyways let me know what you guys think. Not trying to spam the forum or sell them (Although we can), I own a Diesel Truck Dealership and we build and outfit all of our trucks with custom fabbed stuff like this because we like it and it makes the customer a little happier.

Hit me with reccomendations, or insults, whatever makes ya happy.

(Also, it is a little off center in these pics, it was perfect when all tacked, then we pulled it to weld it and it sucked in a little on one side. We will fix it before powder coat)

Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 PM
MoyockPowerstroke
Posting Guru
Probably more useful than the two hook loops out front...can you make one that will accept the International grill emblem...that would look sweet.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
leviticus
Senior User
The tow hooks are still accessible, unless you have a huge hook, and even then you could hook it under instead of over. And yeah we could make them with a diamond mount plate for the International Logo, you're right that would look pretty sweet.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 PM
MoyockPowerstroke
Posting Guru
Oh yeah...I like the last two pics you added. I can see the hook loops are still there...and I also see how this would make an excellant step bar while hovering over the engine compartment doing what we like best....tinkering with the 6.0L ...lol...How much?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Glad you like it, let me see what the powder coater hits me with Monday and I will come up with a price. I will obviously give all the FTE guys a good price. But definitely a lot cheaper than a Bull Bar.

I think we have a local International shop so I will see if I can track down a emblem for measurments. You want the Diamond shaped one right? I think its Orange?

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
reefman
Senior User
Morro Bay huh? I'm in Paso. I know there's an International shop in Paso. That's a lot cleaner than a lot of other designs out there, not bad at all. What Dealership if you don't mind me asking.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
MoyockPowerstroke
Posting Guru
Yeah...the newer styled diamond you see on the big International trucks....keep us posted on how she turns out....also another good place for some chrome train horns...hmmm.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Originally Posted by reefman
Morro Bay huh? I'm in Paso. I know there's an International shop in Paso. That's a lot cleaner than a lot of other designs out there, not bad at all. What Dealership if you don't mind me asking.
Our dealership is called Northstar Diesel & European. We do mostly all 04 and newer Diesel pickups, western haulers, flatbeds, utility & contractor trucks. And play in the custom and classic European market as well. We don't do the whole "lot" thing. We do everything by appointment only, and really go through our trucks, unlike a lot of other dealers that buy em at auction and sell them the next day with issues.

And we Fab all kinds of fun stuff for them like these push bars. Glad to see someone local on here, I always hear guys on here talking about their fuel gelling while I am sitting on my porch enjoying 70 degree weather

Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Originally Posted by MoyockPowerstroke
Yeah...the newer styled diamond you see on the big International trucks....keep us posted on how she turns out....also another good place for some chrome train horns...hmmm.
Sounds good, I'll shoot some pics up when its done.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome! I love the square tube look. Needs some light tabs though. Heres the one i built the other week, similiar in the way its not too bold.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW, I LOVE your descrption LOL

Push Bar/Light Bar/Trash Can Rammer/Deer Slayer

Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Originally Posted by 06silvercrew
Looks awesome! I love the square tube look. Needs some light tabs though. Heres the one i built the other week, similiar in the way its not too bold.

Hey thanks man! Yeah I like the square tube as well. We were going to originally set this one up as a light bar but decided to gear it more towards a push bar with no lights. The upper one inch tubing was at first about half the width it is now for two lights on either side of it but we liked it wider.

We are going to do some more models with a steeper cut on them that will be a little more bold in look, come out a little further and higher. That double angle miter cut sure messes with your head the first few minutes you are cutting your stock though.

There will be more to come soon, we are currently working on a Fab Fours type bumper for the Superduty. We will see how that comes out, but we think we can build them and sell them for half the price they charge.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 PM
leviticus
Senior User
06silvercrew those Hellas look sweet on your truck, What did they run you if you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,543 Likes on 2,174 Posts
Some scrap DOM tubing, wire EDM at work and a little powder coating, total cost was $40 but I have not tried opening a trash can or a deer with it yet...

Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 PM
leviticus
Senior User
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
Some scrap DOM tubing, wire EDM at work and a little powder coating, total cost was $40 but I have not tried opening a trash can or a deer with it yet...

I like how it hugs up close to the bumper, nice job, and I don't think any of us can beat that price

Quick Reply: Our New Custom Push Bar/Light Bar/Trash Can Rammer/Deer Slayer