Sponsored by: DP Tuner

New MM hubs something WRONG!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
MadogLlewellyn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MM hubs something WRONG!

OK first time posting...... Be easy.... Have a 2000 F250 7.3L/4R100 Lariat Crew Cab short bed 4x4. Has 151234 miles as of today. Use Marathon/Ashland products only for Oils (Valoline) and Fuel... Or Shell diesel if Marathon isn't around.

Had the OEM factory Auto/Manual Hubs swapped out... the Auto system didn't work..... the Manual lock option did... the seals on the backside of the wheels look busted. I wanted Warn Premium hubs, however there seems to be a backorder nation wide. So I had to settle for Mile Markers.

Today when I locked them in. I didn't have power to my front wheels and I can't unlock them out of the lock postion. When I try to turn them they only turn half way back to free.... I noticed the shop that did the work didn't replace the seals on the universal joints and the vaccum lines are still installed.... I figured these two things need to be replaced and removed. ?

So I need to be educated on this system before I go back in and have them fix it or is it something I can do.... I just bought the truck back in Nov. 08. Got it for $10,000 even.

Thanks for the help... I really enjoy reading the post on hear.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like they didnt seal off the vacuum line. I dont have a picture, but remove the fitting from the knuckle and plug it, and then don't worry about a vacuum on the axle. Then cut the hose 1" too long, put a small screw in it, silicone if you wish, and then put a teeny hose clamp on it.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:05 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Or leave the lines on, and just unplug it at the solenoid and cap the solenoid.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
MadogLlewellyn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I had the vacum lines disconnected just above the wheels.... However the hubs still don't engage.... My mechanics said that the NEW hubs are bad.... GO figure.... lol

Just for my enjoyment.... I'd like to cap the vaccum lines by module/selenoid.... were is it located excatly... my books don't show good pictures....

Thank You