Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

crazy night last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
crazy night last night

Well i was leaving work and decided to go get me something to eat. well i decided to take the back roads. well i hit a few sharp curves, slowed my truck down enough to where i could make it. well coming out of the last corner i hit a huge ponding of water. Truck started fish tailing i cought it and as i was straightening back up i hit another ponding of water and completely turned it around landed looking the opposite direction on the other side of the road in the ditch. but nothing is wrong on the truck. just some mud on my ford logo on the reciever hitch. well im going to go get new tires tomorrow morning. gonna get new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's which are already on my truck just smoother than a babies but now. but i was just a lil shaken up and freaked out. luckily a guy that lives in a house on that street came outside when he heard the tires squeeling and checked to see if i was alright and told me to park in his driveway for 5 minutes to calm down and to see if anything is messed up on the truck. but sorry for the long post but the truck is just fine. i was just a lil shaken up.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Those was some quick storms that came thru last night/ evening; and glad to hear you saved the truck.

Mitch

Old 07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
yeah. it was insane. i thought i was gonna pee myself.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
torkum
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like some of my wild rides back in the day. Glad no scratches or dings. Slung my dad's Fairmount around 2xs and ended up in the ditch, told him about it 10 years later

Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
KDPate
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you'reokay Chris. If you're going Firestones look into some Destination LEs. Deeper tread pattern and last longer than Indy 500s.....

Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
well i kept with the Indy 500's just purely to the way i love how they ride. tried some destination LE's on a friends truck. just to loud and rough for me. i got the new tires this morning. and they made a world of difference in the braking and steering and smoothness depts.