Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need help locating the ABS Module for a Superlift Truspeed Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Bowie
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help locating the ABS Module for a Superlift Truspeed Install

I am trying to install a Superlift Truspeed on my 2003 F350. I am having trouble locating the speed sensor wire. It is supposedly hooked up the the abs module. It says the abs module is under the drivers battery. I could not find it. The wire color is suppose to be grey and black. Does anyone have any picts or have an idea where it is on my truck. Thanks

Old 06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Bowie
I am trying to install a Superlift Truspeed on my 2003 F350. I am having trouble locating the speed sensor wire. It is supposedly hooked up the the abs module. It says the abs module is under the drivers battery. I could not find it. The wire color is suppose to be grey and black. Does anyone have any picts or have an idea where it is on my truck. Thanks
Insted of cutting into your wires, try to find somebody with AE close to you. They can change your tire size and correct your speedo in minutes.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Bowie
Elder User
Does anyone have an AE around Renton, WA? What is a AE?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:41 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Auto Enginuity(OBD II) tool

Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Bowie
Elder User
It is a little late for the AE beings I already bought the Truspeed. Does anyone know where the abs module is located?

Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Bowie
Elder User
still need help

Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It is a little late for the AE beings I already bought the Truspeed. Does anyone know where the abs module is located?
Kyle, did you buy the Truspeed new or used? You might have some good luck selling it to someone. Maybe not for exactly what you paid for it but close. The AE can re-calibrate the ABS sensors in the front hubs for up to 35 inch tires. Anything over that size you have to run a Truspeed.

If you're deadset on using the Truspeed since you've already got it, then the ABS module is located under the driver's side battery. To tap into the wire at the module you'd need to pull the battery tray out to get to it. If you know what color of wire you're suppose to tap into, let me know as I've got my 02/03 wiring diagram book here with me today. I can check to see where that wire goes and you can maybe get to it in a better location.

I obviously didn't read your 1st post very well cause it has the info I just asked for!! It's definately tucked under there. Very hard to see it or get to it with the battery and tray in the way. I'll see what I can find out for you on the wire location.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Ok, the grey/black wire is vehicle speed sensor positive (+) wire. It is the #11 pin on the ABS module connector. It's the signal wire that comes from the ABS module to the windshield wiper motor, PCM, Radio, overhead trip computer, 4wd control module and the insturment cluster.

Because this wire sends a signal to all of these components, it might very well need to be tapped right at the ABS module to that it modifies the signal to each module/component. If it doesn't matter though, then you can just find the gry/blk wire going to any one of these above.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Originally Posted by strokersace
Kyle, did you buy the Truspeed new or used? You might have some good luck selling it to someone. Maybe not for exactly what you paid for it but close. The AE can re-calibrate the ABS sensors in the front hubs for up to 35 inch tires. Anything over that size you have to run a Truspeed.

If you're deadset on using the Truspeed since you've already got it, then the ABS module is located under the driver's side battery. To tap into the wire at the module you'd need to pull the battery tray out to get to it. If you know what color of wire you're suppose to tap into, let me know as I've got my 02/03 wiring diagram book here with me today. I can check to see where that wire goes and you can maybe get to it in a better location.

I obviously didn't read your 1st post very well cause it has the info I just asked for!! It's definately tucked under there. Very hard to see it or get to it with the battery and tray in the way. I'll see what I can find out for you on the wire location.
You can calibrate larger than 35's with AE. Mine measured out at 36.5, and we did a truck with 40's.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by WA.Ranger
You can calibrate larger than 35's with AE. Mine measured out at 36.5, and we did a truck with 40's.
Well, I was not aware of that. Was it a newer version? I thought Jody said during live tuning that he could only recalibrate for up to 35" tires.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:43 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Must be Ryan, but it wasn't mine so I don't know what version it was.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Bowie
Elder User
Ryan,

Thanks so much. I bought the unit used, but I just dont know anyone with a unit to change it for me. I am willing to reprogram with the AE though. Ryan do you have one?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Bowie
Elder User
I originally called the dealer to have them do it. they wanted like 100 bucks, so I said forget that. I got this unit off ebay for like 40 bucks.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Ryan,

Thanks so much. I bought the unit used, but I just dont know anyone with a unit to change it for me. I am willing to reprogram with the AE though. Ryan do you have one?
I don't right now. Will be getting one and already have an older laptop set aside soley for it. Just haven't got around to buying one. Planned to have one by now but now it's looking like Fall at the soonest. If I did I'd definitely help you out when I'm over there.

You might check with Dan (kwikkordead), Ed (Y2K) - former FTE parts guy, or maybe someone else from that side of the mountains will chime in with one. I can check around over on FDP to see if there's someone on the westside that could help you out.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

I originally called the dealer to have them do it. they wanted like 100 bucks, so I said forget that. I got this unit off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Man, I would make a post asking if anyone had AE near you, and then put that back on ebay. I know how annoying it is to have your speedo reading wrong, mine was like that for years untill a month ago.

Quick Reply: Need help locating the ABS Module for a Superlift Truspeed Install