1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Once (and future) Ford Truck Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
westtexastiger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once (and future) Ford Truck Owner

Well, as I knew would probably eventually happen, lately I've started to have withdrawals from not owning a truck. I haven't owned one since I sold my '93 Lightning almost 2 1/2 years ago. Before that, I drove a '90 F-150 (302 and an automatic) that my parents' bought for me when I wrecked my first car. I pretty much consider the '90 as my first vehicle, because I wrecked the car before my picture license even arrived in the mail.

Anyways, I miss owning a truck. I don't particularly NEED one, but I want to own one again. I'm tired of having to borrow my dad's truck if I need to haul something. It's nice (an '03 with the V6 and an auto), but I still want one of my own. My car, a 2005 Impala LS, is an excellent vehicle, but it sure ain't no truck. So, I've decided to start saving and see about finding a decent high mileage '97 - '03 in the near future. I want a V8, an auto, and preferably an extended cab. However, for the right price, I will bend on any one of those guidelines. I've actually started brainstorming idea on how to customize the truck, and I won't have one for at least 6 months. I want to use as many factory Ford pieces (seats, radio, rims, etc.) as possible, in my modding. Basically I want to combine looks from various factory options and features in order to make myself a nice truck.

I can't wait.