S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome krumpelsaurusrex to the chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome krumpelsaurusrex to the chapter!

Corey owns a '69 F250 that he's planning to restore.

Welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in SoCal do you call home?

Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 AM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Welcome Corey, Enjoy the FUN!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey hey hey, we got another one! glad to see another classic around...so is she running and driving?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Here's Coreys Blog:1969 Ford F-250

Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
very cool....i had the same problem of the really big socket, here is mine

its 2 and 9/16 for a dana 70.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Welcome to the forum Corey! I am sure you will like it here.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM
krumpelsaurusrex
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome gentleman. I think it's great that we have local chapters to rely on. Seems like a great network of Ford Enthusiasts.

I have to admit to not always being a loyal Ford man, I strayed for a while. My first vehicle was a 1980 Ford Courier. My dad bought for me, had it painted and graphics put on it. I got it when I was 15 and spent the next year cleaning every inch of that truck. Absolutely loved it! I totaled it in high school, and spent the next year learning all about auto body to bring her back to life. I learned a lot! I also had a 80's mustang. Lasted a brief time frame, then got rid of it. I ended up driving the courier into the ground and replaced it with a 71 Dodge Duster. Dad helped me rebuild the engine (wish I had payed more attention to how we did it now). I won't go on with the other cars, but I am also working on my 96 Isuzu Trooper (need to redo trans). In the mean time, my wife said "I believe every man needs there own truck". That was the green light and a few days later I had the Bumpside!. My wife has named her "Frankie". Hey if she names them and I get to buy and drive them, then it works for me. My 2.5 year old daughter simply calls her "Big Truck".

Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Corey owns a '69 F250 that he's planning to restore.

Welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in SoCal do you call home?
Thanks Steve! glad to find a group of people close to home! Specifically I am in Loma Linda, Part of the "Inland Empire" Between San Bernardino and Riverside.
Thanks for posting up the link to the blog. I thought it would be something neat to have to see the progression over the years I'm sure. And an easy way to remember exactly what I had done.

Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
hey hey hey, we got another one! glad to see another classic around...so is she running and driving?
She is running, and was driving till I messed up the drive shaft. Hope to have her back and running this Tuesday. My plan is to have all the major mechanical stuff taken care of (right now that's replace master brake cylinder and determine if my steering box is leaking) by July. I want to take her out for the 4th of July to Red, White & Cruise - Car Show, Live Music, All American Harley Ride, Parade, Fireworks Spectacular and more! at the speedway in fontana. She is dying to go tailgating!

Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
very cool....i had the same problem of the really big socket, here is mine

its 2 and 9/16 for a dana 70.
I am almost positive mine is the dana 60, I am told it is a 1-5/16". I did have to buy the same socket your showing, to remove my wheel or axle bearings to replace a brake cylinder. I think Kragen stocked it for under $20.00 I think I should go see if they have the right size. It seems thin walled enough to get in the area I need to to get my drive shaft back together.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Hey if you get her going this week (or even if you don't), maybe you can make it out to the F100 Western Nationals next Saturday. There's an announcement at the top of the chapter forum that has all the details.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:48 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Welcome,My friend!
Can't wait to see ya at the F-100 Western Nationals.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 AM
krumpelsaurusrex
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Hey if you get her going this week (or even if you don't), maybe you can make it out to the F100 Western Nationals next Saturday. There's an announcement at the top of the chapter forum that has all the details.
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal
Welcome,My friend!
Can't wait to see ya at the F-100 Western Nationals.
Sounds great! I talked to my wife and she's up for going, my little girl loves trucks so she will have a blast.

I'll have to drive the car, ol' frankies not going to be up for that drive by the weekend. Still want to spend some more time going over her and getting her 100% safe before taking her out. Planning for July!

Really wish I had been on the forums sooner, it's always more exciting to meet everybody when you have had more interaction with them. Hope to be able to meet some of you there, and at future So. Cal meets!