Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new dually

Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
patrickke is starting off with a positive reputation.
new dually

I am about to get a 00 dually...problem is they said that you have to plug it in 3hrs b4 you start it...what do you all think is the problem...the truck is super cheap so I cant pass by it and it only has 150k on it

Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
It probably need glow plugs or a glow plug relay. Maybe a set of batteries.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
sounds like a good deal I have the guy taking it to the dealership b4 i drive to Ga to pick it up

Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Your not going to have the stelership do the work on it are you?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
of course not I am having the indi take it there and find out the problems b4 I drive 6hrs down there...but now when i get it If its just that I am going to be spending too much putting mods on it lol

Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 AM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
That's good. Replacing the GPR is very simple and quick to do also. The GPs' are not to bad of a job either just takes a little bit of time. Keep us posted.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
Do the Stancor GPR if that needs replacing.

Welcome to guzzle's Stancor GPR replacement Mod Web Page

Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
Do the Stancor GPR if that needs replacing.

Welcome to guzzle's Stancor GPR replacement Mod Web Page

Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
patrickke
Posting Guru
sad to say it guys I dont think I am going to be getting the truck they said it wasnt the glow plugs....The ford dealer said the motor was shot

Old 05-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Donny_D
Senior User
Donny_D is starting off with a positive reputation.
ouch i wouldnt play with that then sounds all bad!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
mudmaker has a very good reputation on FTE.mudmaker has a very good reputation on FTE.mudmaker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Was it dusted? Did they say what was shot or is the tech that worked on it buying it??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.