1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 AM
jleal_21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starting problem

well this problem started a few months ago when she would start at all, but has gotten better with the things i have replaced. the thing is that every now and then the truck wont start when the wait to start light goes off, i have to cycle the key two or three times for it to start. this happens even if the truck is warm not only on the first start of the day. i have replaced the wiring harness with one from a junk yard that is good(my valve cover connectors were toast), new wires under the valve covers, new glow plugs, and new glow plug relay.

on a different subject i have the oppertunity to bujy a 97 f250 powerstroke that is wrecked for 1grand is this good?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Well...as far as the wrecked F250 for $1K goes, it depends on what you plan to do with it, so I'm afraid you'll have to make that decision for yourself. If you need it for parts and will get what you need from it AND still be able to sell off the rest, it might be worth it. IF the engine is completely intact with not many wires cut and not damaged, that could be money well spent.

The starting issue:
Have you replaced the CPS? Sounds like you have all the bases covered. If the CPS is good, you might have a grounding problem. Begin at the starter and work your way up from there.